Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

khorne vs. deathwing/marines
Closed Thread
Old 04 Jun 2006, 01:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default khorne vs. deathwing/marines

well next thursday i have a battle against deathwing, or normal marines and i might need help so if you have some advice it would be apprieciated.
my army:
HQ: Lord-215
Berserker Glaive, MoK, FnP, D. Armour, D. Stature, D. Str, D. Mut, Bike, D. Ess.

Troops: 6 Berserkers 1 Aspiring Champion-167
Chainaxes, MoK.
Power weapon, MoK.

Troops: 6 Berserkers 1 Aspiring Champion-167
Chainaxes, MoK.
Power weapon, MoK.

Fast Attack: 7 Bikers 1 Biker champion-392
Chainaxes, MoK, Furious Charge.
Power Fist, MoK, FnP, D. Mut, D. Str, Master Craft.

Fast Attack: 7 Bikers 1 Biker champion-392
Chainaxes, MoK, Furious Charge.
Power Fist, MoK, FnP, D. Mut, D. Str, Master Craft.

Heavy Support: Dreadnaught-173
2 CCW, Extra Armour, Parasite Possession, Destroyer, Mutated Hull, Smoke.

well i dont want help on my list just how to fight marines with them.

the marines have:

DEATHWING:
commander, 2 raiders and about 850pts worth of termies, 18 more or less.

MARINES:
librarian with command squad, flamer and meltagun.
Chaplain on bike.
4 bikers.
dread.
rhino(carries command).
speeder.
2 5 man squads with rocket.
techamrine.
5 assault marines... champ has lightning claw.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 02:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: khorne vs. deathwing/marines

you're khorne, and you're playing against deathwing, and you're asking for advice??!

1. Khornate Chain Axes
2. Melta bombs for the land raider
3. rush in, charge, kill everything, make sure your bikers are charging his termies. and are not bogged down by his bikers

i'm surprised you didn't give your lord a dark blade to instagib the enemy character.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 02:54   #3 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Hello

Well lets have a look hear then.......

Deathwing opponent:

2 Raiders! OK the only way your gonna be able to destroy these behemoths of destruction is your DP and i'm sure you haven't designed him to go tank hunting, so you need to find a alternative or use you precious DP to pop 'em open! (which is not recommended as twin-linked lascannons will kill him!)

The Termies, easy use your DP or tank hunting unit and force the termies to come out of hiding(there land raiders), then mob him with your berzerker squads as the khornate chainaxes will chew 'em up and splat! them out!

Other Marine opponent:

Librarian and CS, well i can't help you much here because i don't know what psychic powers your opponent will use! either way he will be using his CS as a meatshield because it's a terrible command squad. Oh and also please, please, please give your DP a collar of khorne because remember the librarian can use his force weapon and wipe out your DP so it is highly recommended that you give him a collar of khorne!

Chaplain & 4 bikers: Well T5 chaplain, he's gonna be a tough cookie, but the amazing khornate chainaxe will reduce the save making them less durable, the only prob is T5, Ah ha! use your dread! if he doesn't have krak grenades then his chaplain and 4 bikers will be screwed. Because they won't be strong enough to damage it! (I think...?)

Assault Marines, these will just be an annoyance, i mean i dunno why he uses them because charging berzerkers just save you getting shot so i wouldn't worry about these at all.

Tac squads, low in numbers, easy to destroy thats about it, just charge 'em and beat them up.

Techmarine, just ignore him, he's just a point sink only go after him if he's either the only nearest target or kill him for fun.

Dread, This is serious, as you don't have any ranged anti-tank weaponry he is a massive danger to you. Why? well if you charge him with your DP he can instant kill you S10 Vs. T5 so be very very careful!

Land Speeder, well yet again just another annoyance which can be easily destroyed, no worries.

Oh and one other thing, your Daemon prince cannot! have a bike, he a monstrous creature! you wouldn't see a wraithord on a jetbike....!?! (I may be wrong but i'm positive you can't give DP's bikes!)

Anywho i hoped this helped

Happy Hunting

Old 04 Jun 2006, 03:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

it does help... though my prob with the marines is that i can kill everything really easily except for the fact that everything worth killing moves reletively faster than me.

also it doesnt say that Monstrous creature/DP cannot ride bikes it says no steeds but nothing about bikes. same to D. stature. he will have a bigger bike though... lol.
Old 05 Jun 2006, 18:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon Lover
also it doesnt say that Monstrous creature/DP cannot ride bikes it says no steeds but nothing about bikes. same to D. stature. he will have a bigger bike though... lol.
in the wargear section pg 16 under chaos space marine bike the first word in the entry is clearly "Steed."
Closed Thread