Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Marine army
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jun 2006, 01:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default New Marine army

Yeap, more Marines. About 90% of these will be old models, considering the fact that my first army were Marines, but then I found the Guard(and fell in love with them). So, I decided to dust off(litterally) my old Marines, and begin a new force.

I have a name for them, the Sons of Plunder(haha, get it Disturbed fans?* ). I have yet to decide on colors for them, but that's what I'm hoping some of may suggest.

Not gonna be posting any lists for a little bit, but I'll use some Sniper Scouts. Already have 2 boxes preordered.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 09:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: New Marine army

So, you're asking for possible color schemes for snipering scouts?
Why not base them off the terrain you'll be using? Like painting them different shades of green for jungle camping or tan/khaki for desert incursions.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 12:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: New Marine army

I dunno about that. Camouflage is the realm of the Imperial Guard, whereas marines have got power armour and proudly/recklessly display their chapter colours. Obviously scouts are supposed to be stealthy, but they've got cloaks for that (and no doubt all manner of high-tech gizmos like holographic projectors and whatnot). I don't think it's worth comndemning your entire marine army to a drab camouflage colour scheme just so your scouts look cool.

Me, I'm an Imperial Fists player so obviously I favour a stark, bold colour scheme that just screams "Come and have a go if you think you're 'ard enough!". If not something striking and bright, then at least something regal. I've long wanted to make a chapter called the 'Praetorians' with crimson armour and gold trim, perhaps with purple lining in IC's cloaks. I'd want to use lots of red ink and highlight with blood red...it's easy to accomplish a nice flat colour with ink (without losing the detail). But then again, they might look too much like Blood Angels...
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread