Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help with name
Old 24 May 2006, 21:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Need help with name

My Space Marine chapter needs a name that isn't cheesy (I was originally going to call the m'Demon Bane' because they were basically Grek Knight support). Their scheme is a base coat of boltgun metal, the shoulder pads are regal blue with shining gold trim, their back packs are a combination of blue and gold... I have no fluff whatsoever, but I intend to write some as soon I as I think of some or an awesome name inspires me... My chapter traits are Purity Above All, Trust Your Battle Brothers, my drawbacks are Eye to Eye and Have Pride in Your Colors... I'll try to get pics

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 21:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti
Default Re: Need help with name

Have you looked at the "1000 chapters" thread? It's stickyed at the top of the Space Marines board, and it is a great place to find names.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 21:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak

Off the top of my head, how about 'The Blade of Deamon Woe'?

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 21:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I changed my avatar to look like my marines...kind of, the last one was good, but kinda longish

What about the Ashen Avengers?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 24 May 2006, 21:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Conscripted from the survivors of a world that was the victim of a magma overflow beneath the planet's crust , these mighty warriors have since constructed their base on their ashen soiled, desolate homeworld. Their phobia of losing more of their kind drives them to have multiple apothecaries to hinder death's cold hand on the shoulders of the Soldiers (Purity Above All) while their world allows for many hand-to-hand engagements out on open terrain, familiarizing with one another (Trust Your Battle Brothers).

Quote:
Old 24 May 2006, 22:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Actually... Soldiers of Cinder sounds like it would flow more (at least to me). Using cinder instead of ash implicates that the planet is not rotting, but rather that there is more magma unger the hard, thick crust.

However, suggestions welcome and I still need and idea for a symbol

Quote:
Old 24 May 2006, 23:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

Don't double/triple post there is an edit button for such an event.

And for the name? Ashfault warriors?
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
thecuriousmonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 00:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

However, i think soldiers of cinder doesn't fit with the color scheme. Somethings gotta give!

Quote:
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

Old 25 May 2006, 00:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Brothers of the Ashen Sky? The regal blue would represent the sky before and the boltgun metal the sky now... I'm not sure what the gold would represent, I suppose it's just the color that ties everything together

Quote:
Old 25 May 2006, 00:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thats good. The gold could represent the sun (or the planets star) poking through the mall patches of blue. I think thats a keeper! 8)

Quote: