Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My new chapters fluff, need help with a name and scheme!
Closed Thread
Old 24 May 2006, 03:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak
Default My new chapters fluff, need help with a name and scheme!

Ok, well, this is the fluff that i will have to a chapter I want to make, but I don't know what scheme, nor do I have a name. I will call them Delta Guard in this fluff, but I have a sickening feling that that name is already taken...

The Delta Guard chapter is different than most other chapters. They are based on a planet near the Eastern Fringe called Mohrnt (not a typo). While they have a fortress monestary on the planet as well as many forts and srtongholds, their true home is their fleet. Their nobile fleet is their primary way of waging war, be it lighning raids of their opponents weak spots, massive and yet tactifly artful space battles, or attacks on a planets surface with the landing of the ground troops in prime locations coupled with bobmardment. Instead of most chapters in which the fleet backs up the marines, the marines are the blood of the fleet; they are the tacticians, pilots, borders, and the man weapons of the fleet. The marines launch ground campains also, but usually they work flawlessly with the fleet.

The marines themselves are different form the norm also. Based on the chapters values, over the millenia the marines have grew smaller in stature and muscelmass, but have become increased tacticians, have a superior intelect (on the battle field or otherwise) and are better at philosophy and hinking far in the future. Also, they are slightly quicker than the norm (less mass=more speed).

Their thinking, over the years, drove them from the imperial mindset, and towards what they think is right. When the Tau became a major threat to the imperium, the Delta Guard stood against the Damocles crusade and towards diplomatic measures. This led to a heated debate, and they we forced to leave the inner part of the galaxy where they once lived and to search for a new planet. Their fleet eventully, anfter about a dozen years of drifting, found Mohrnt. There, the Tau traded frequently with the civilians, and the Marines were greeted with open arms. They started to take root.

In M41, Ork Warlord Grok started to rise. His Ork band conquered two other Ork planets, and their armies became one under him. In a flurry of pacts, treaties, offerings, and favors, he and two others, Warlord Bork and Wazzdakka Gutsmek, became the heads of a massive Ork mob poised to start a Waaaaaggghh! However, before they could pick up steam, they had to go through the fleet of Mohrnt. Wazzdakkas multiple speedfreak armies began to engage the fleet while the others were poised to sledgehammet the planet. The fleet lost the first fights, and they decided to shift control to the marines.

Each marine held a portion of the fleet, with higher officers having more ships. Squads worked together, and tactics worked together. The strategy began to work beautifly, until things became out of hand. More Orks started to arrive, and even with the Tau reinforcements from Fi'rios, they were overwhelmed. Battle after battle were won, but for every ork killed, three replaced it. Eventually, it was too much. Many last stands were made, and warriors who had hundreds of years of fighting began to fall. The master tacticians only knew one thing was left to do: retreat planet side. On the planet, all communications we lost, and the dying continued.

Then one day, something happened. No one really knows what. Some think the Orks got too cocky, imagined themselves flying those big ships and going real fast, and thought they would win. Others think that delta Guard decided that they just weren't gonna lose any more battle brothers, and really started to fight. A select few think their one remaining chaplain unified them, and inspire them. Either way, the tide shifter. The marines started to artfully and masterfully use what they had left to pick apart the orks in flawless raid after flawless raid. The orks wee cut off and apart, and began to retreat. The Delta guard didn't stop them.

In the end, deltaguards fleet was all but destroyed. Their chapter suffered over 550 known casualties, and another 350 are lost and most likely dead. There are still no communications, and all the groups are separated. However, with the planets residents and their newfound allies in the Tau, they are slowly forming both, the chapter and the fleet, to what they once were.

Thank you.

Note: this fluff was made with the thought that marines are near-invincible warriors (more fluffy as opposed to gaming).

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Old 24 May 2006, 10:07   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: My new chapters fluff, need help with a name and scheme!

Sons of Mohrnt- the main armor color could be green with black heads and black on the right or left shoulder pad for a symbol you could use and Egyptian style eye with a tear coming out of it for morring model wise lots of purity scrolls and seals

Terminaters- could be all black with green heads and shoulder pads inverse of your regular marines

special character- lots of Egyptian convertions use the little kroted staff from power weapons Chaplains could have the jackal face of Anubis(Egyptian god of death)
little things that that could make it look great

Vehicle- green with black ascents using silver for any symbols placed on the side Egyptian style hawks any thing like that i think would give you army a very nice and differnet look (help them stand out)

i have more ideas just let me know if you want more convertion ideas or picture of the kroted staff thingy
Old 24 May 2006, 21:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thank you for the ideas, I really like the scheme and the Eqyptian feel (and if I could get pics of the staff that would be cool). However, since they migrated to Mohrnt long after creation, I'm skepticle on the name, and still open to suggestions!

Quote:
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

Old 24 May 2006, 21:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti

Sons of Lighting- Describes their fighting stlye. Use the same paint job as described earlier, but instead of an egyptian eye use a lightnig bolt for the sholder pad insignia.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Old 25 May 2006, 00:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like it, though I want something more about their supperior mind, intelect, and battle tactics.

I was thinking about the 'Angels of Intellect' but it sounds sort of corny. I am currently prowling Google and my thesaurus, looking for synonyms of intelect and others as well as looking for more Egyptian backround for inspiration.

Suggestions still welcome!

Quote:

Old 25 May 2006, 20:29   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

glad you like the theme i can give you some links for Egyptian photos and referions
Old 25 May 2006, 21:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks, that would be awsome. Also, I decided to take the Sons of Mohrnt because it went well with the color scheme (seems ancient) and at the absence of other good posibilities (though i did like sons of lightinging). This is the fluff I have for the name...

Once the war with the Orks was over, and some of the leaders had come together, they had realized the repeated messages for help had been to mostly deaf ears in the Imperium, with only a few private regiments of guard sent from planets who felt for them. Thouroughly disgusted, they dropped their old name, the delta guard. They turned away from the Imperium and toward their new home and protectees, the people or Mohrnt, and took the name of the Sons of Mohrnt.

Quote:

Old 26 May 2006, 16:57   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

heres some good ones for symbols and such let me know if you want more

http://altreligion.about.com/library...toosymbols.htm

http://members.aol.com/egyptart/aftrlfe.html
Closed Thread