Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A lot of people on other boards are bashing Black Templars.
Closed Thread
Old 23 May 2006, 18:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default A lot of people on other boards are bashing Black Templars.

Why are they doing this? They are just generally saying that they suck.

* The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

~Uthan the Perverse.
Old 23 May 2006, 18:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default Re: A lot of people on other boards are bashing Black Templars.

I think you should send some links. Don't lose too much sleep over it. Also there is a report to moderator button on each post so try to use that.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 23 May 2006, 20:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I meant on other websites, plus I wanted to know specifically what people don't like about the BT or what is considered "cheesy"

* The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

~Uthan the Perverse.
Old 23 May 2006, 21:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well we don't know what there saying exactly. Why don't you try asking the guys who are actually bashing them?
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Old 23 May 2006, 21:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

Oh on other websites, well then I still suggest you sleep well. Cheesy is ... well it is quite hard to explain. Well for now lets just say that your playing a 500point game. Your opponent shows up with 3 wraithlords (uber eldar). Do you find that unfair that he takes super amazing forces in a small skirmish? Cheesy beardy and powergaming are all in the same boat yet I really don't feel like explaining it again. Here go find wargamers profile, there is a powergaming test there. As for cheese : http://us.games-workshop.com/e-zine/...se/default.htm
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 23 May 2006, 22:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

black templars are pretty good for the most part, but they do have one serious weakness.

I've just started playing tyranids and my friend has started playing templar. my nids happen to be a very hth oriented hybrid of genestealer army with a zilla touch. his was a more balanced templars list (though he did try and take as many things that could kill nids, land speeder tornados and a vindicator and lots of missile launchers and heavy bolters) he also took one super assault squad consisting of a unit of sword brethren, his chaplain, and his emporers champion. against most armies that I have seen this unit would just go nuts.

however the weakness comes from their special rules and the one vow that gives them preferred enemy status. by moving my nids through cover I was able to get most of the genestealers where I needed them. I then proceeded to kill exactly one marine from each squad. they had to take a morale test and if passed had to move a random number of inches closer. by doing this I was able to force him into positions that he wasn't ready for, and assault what units I wanted.

his chaplain, sword brethren, and champion were all assaulted 3rd turn by 2 units of genestealers and my hive tyrant (wanted to take out the emperors champ as quick as possible), while the rest of his army was either completely decimated already, or would be after that round of combat.

lesson learned: don't give tyranids terrain to run through, and don't bring an assault based marine army to fight an assault based nid.
Old 23 May 2006, 23:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

just hope he knew that the unit his chaplain went with can choose where to move, after taking a loss to shooting, and that they pass it automaticly..
Old 24 May 2006, 01:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

he did, thats why I chewed through the rest of his army first and then set a pincer so that no matter which way he moved he was still being torn apart.

basically if you play black templars you have to be careful against other assault based armies. I could see this same problem happening with orks and dark eldar (actually with the amount of movement the dark eldar have, it could be a lot worse).
Old 24 May 2006, 02:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Meh. Just tell them that no matter what army you play, something about it could be cheesy. With Eldar you have 3 Wraithlords (this might change with the new 'dex though...maybe), with Space Marines you have...well...Space Marines. Tyrannids have thier uber-hordes. Imperial Guard army + 3 Super Mega Tanks = Cheesy. Necrons. Deamonhunters can take Imperial Guard and Space Marines, including the vehicles.

I think that's most of them. Anyway, my point being that every army has the potential to be "cheesy".
Old 24 May 2006, 12:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

For me cheese is not about army composition, it's about style of play...

Khorne Berserkers hiding in a bunker for example.

You got to play within the style of the army or you may as well be playing a diffrent army.