Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaplain or Librarian
Closed Thread
Old 22 May 2006, 00:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Chaplain or Librarian

I currently have a Librarian (Epistolary to be more specific) for my SM army he has the following stats:
Force Weapon
Psychic Hood
Plasma Pistol
Veil of Time
Might of Heroes (though I have used it once)

I would like to know what kindo of Chaplain I would take togo with him of insteas of him, my army tends to move into 24" range and then wait for my enemy to coe to me, or just charge, it all depends on the opponent (any tips on my Librarian would also be helpful, specificly a second psychic power or if I should take a second)

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 22 May 2006, 15:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default Re: Chaplain or Librarian

Could you post a list? Also I probably would not use a second librarian power, I find them quite expensive.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 22 May 2006, 16:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Why not try this (if you really want 2 HQ's in one squad).

Librarian Epistolary w/ Force weapon, psychic hood, bolt pistol, veil of time, familiar.
Librarian Codicer w/ force weapon, psychic hood, bolt pistol, might of heroes.

Put them in command squad with Furious Charge and cast Might of Heroes on the Epistolary the same turn he uses Veil of Time on himself. That's potentially 9 Strength 5, Initiative 7 power weapon attacks re-rolling all to hit and to wound rolls! YIKES!

However it's a combo that will easily run 250+ points but it could be fun in the odd game or two to really catch your opponent off guard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 22 May 2006, 19:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

good idea falstead...

I have 3 squads of 10 marines with my seargents as apothecaries with power weapons and plasma pistols,a 7 man squad of Grey knight Terminators, 14 Grey Knights, a las-ccw dreadnought, a las-missile launcher dreadnought and a whirlwind

(I also have a bunch of other marines laying around that are someone else's so I have roughly 6 full squads)

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 22 May 2006, 20:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the only problem with that is you lose the abilities of the force weapon (which doesn't really matter against basic troops) and you lose the 2 most powerful spells - fear the darkness and fury of the ancients. otherwise its not that bad of an idea.
Old 22 May 2006, 23:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's more of a fun/unexpected use of librarians. Not really super competitive but it could really catch someone off guard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 23 May 2006, 17:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Can you use dual librarians with shooty themed armies? I've neved used them myself.
Old 23 May 2006, 17:50   #8 (permalink)
General Stupidity

++Well a good chaplain.... hmmmm.... Ah Ha!

for a rock hard killin' machine i would go for a master of sanctity, with a bolt pistol (or C.C.W) crozius (which is free) termie honours (+1 attack can't go wrong.)

So this guy would get 6 attacks on the charge, at S4 no saves plus 'litanies of hate' which can be a massive help against high WS units. And after that he still gets 5 attacks with no saves, stick him with a 10 man tactical squad, give'em bolt pistols and C.C.W's (plus frag grenades!) have a Vet. Sgt with a powerfist (for dreads and carnifex's) and you have high powered assault unit which can deal with numbers as well as tough guys!++

All hail! the Cadian 21st 'long coat legends!'

Closed Thread