Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My space marines
Closed Thread
Old 18 May 2006, 12:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default My space marines

I ahev my army list in a doodle book at school so I'll get back to you guys in 6 hours but this is basically what I have.

Commander
-Artaficer armour
-Combi-flamer
-Power sword
-9 space marines
-All mounted in rhino

Chaplain
-Terminator armour
-5 veterans
-1 with lightening claws other with power weapon
-In razorback with Heavy bolter

2 Tactical squads with missle launchers

1 cc scout squad

1 sniper squad (what should be the scout:sniper ratio in this squad?)

1 Devastator squad
-2 Heavy bolters
-2 missle launchers
-Tank hunters

1 Biker squad with assault bike.

My main issues is I'm 400 points under 2000. Should I get a terminator? Or what? Also this is my first list any help is appreciated. Bye and thanks.

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Old 18 May 2006, 12:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Shadowsword
Default Re: My space marines

Termies, deffinatly, and a command squad with Apothacary

Triple Threat x

Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them They die

I am the sig virus, add me to your sig so I can spread.
Old 18 May 2006, 13:12   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Assault squad or Dreadnought perhaps?
Old 18 May 2006, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd add another tact squad armed with just bolters.

That should bring you somewhere in the 1970's pointwise. Then add some upgrades until you get what you need.
Old 18 May 2006, 17:49   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
1 sniper squad (what should be the scout:sniper ratio in this squad?)
i would suggest squad sizes of 6, 8 or 10 scouts.

With 6 scouts:
4+ sniper rifles, and one heavy bolter or missle launcher
With 8 scouts
6+sniper rifles, and one heavy bolter or missle launcher
With 10 scouts
8+sniper rifles, and one heavy bolter or missle launcher

What i run is 2 squads of scouts
Squad 1 (6men)
5 sniper rifles, 1 missle launcher
Squad 2 (6men)
5 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter

Close Combat scouts are a point sink that i feel aren't worth it.

Quote:
1 Devastator squad
-2 Heavy bolters
-2 missle launchers
-Tank hunters
This devastator squad needs some work. Heavy bolters range 36", Missle launcher range 48". You will find this unit either too close or to war away to be fully effective. Either choice is good individually but not combined. If you want to combine heavy options for a devastator squad try this

Devastator squad 8 men
- 3 Lascannons (range 48")
- 3 Missle Lanchers (range 48")
- 2 bolters (these are to suck up the wounds)

The only other thing i'd say is with your HQ.... Pick one and run with it. 2 HQ's is a point sink and just looking at your HQ and Elites and doing the math in my head it looks like that's about 1/2 your army.

Old 18 May 2006, 21:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I take it no one noticed that he took a chaplain with terminator armor and mounted him in a razorback.

as far as I can tell, thats illegal.

also the combi-flamer isn't that good of an idea. to pay that many points so that you can use a flame template once per game isn't really worth it. if your going to give him a combi weapon, make it something actually useful like a melta.

for your sniper scouts, always go with a full ten man unit. trust me, against any army you want as many of them to hit and wound as possible. especially since they will get their saves. had a unit of ten almost take out my carnifex in one round (made that ever important last save)

now that I think about it, you might want to get a unit of terminators as a command squad for your chaplain. then you can drop pod them into battle and really mess whoever your facing up. this would also make your veteran squad with the razorback legal.
Old 19 May 2006, 03:43   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Chaplain
-Terminator armour
-5 veterans
-1 with lightening claws other with power weapon
-In razorback with Heavy bolter
i didn't really wanna guess what this was
Old 19 May 2006, 11:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howloutloud
I take it no one noticed that he took a chaplain with terminator armor and mounted him in a razorback.
Illegal really? Damn I guess it's deep striking for them. ( I really don't like land raiders) OH well at least it's going to save me money!

[quote]
also the combi-flamer isn't that good of an idea. to pay that many points so that you can use a flame template once per game isn't really worth it. if your going to give him a combi weapon, make it something actually useful like a melta.
[quote/]

O.k. can do. The reason for this weapon is that I bought my commander second hand meaning I couldn't decide what to arm him with. So he's stuck with what I showed except his combi-weapon is so random that it can be guessed.

Quote:
for your sniper scouts, always go with a full ten man unit. trust me, against any army you want as many of them to hit and wound as possible. especially since they will get their saves. had a unit of ten almost take out my carnifex in one round (made that ever important last save)
Can I get these all in one box set becuase I'm looking to save $ more than anything.

Quote:
now that I think about it, you might want to get a unit of terminators as a command squad for your chaplain. then you can drop pod them into battle and really mess whoever your facing up. this would also make your veteran squad with the razorback legal.
My veterans were just an excuse as retinue for the chaplin but hey, why not put them on their own. Buying the squad of termies brings me up to 2000 about so that would be great.

at aervyper: my close combat scouts were alreeady bought so I can't change them.

My HQ is actually a combined one squad of troops, elites and 2 HQ's and that only take's up 1/4 of my army.

I like my devastators because of the monetary cost and because the bord only mesures 24''. My shooting will be mostly done in close range. Also I want it to be adaptable. I got the Tank Hunter rule from taking a trait for my chapter ( which is btw still looking for a name). I could technically make them scouts as well. or infiltration. I really need to memorize my codex soon.

My main issue with termies is that they realy really don't go with my fluff of being on a jungle/swampish world with very little mobility thus the reason all my tanks are armed with dozer baldes.

Now thank you all for your suggestions. Now using the smae list what should I skimp down on and how for a 1500 point battle.

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Old 19 May 2006, 11:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

sorry, but the scouts boxed set runs 20$ for 5 scouts (thats american by the way) or you might find the metal blisters still. they only run 2 scouts for 8$. which won't save you a lot, but every penny counts.

also by going with the metal scouts you aren't going to get a lot of different poses. actually, there are only two. one kneeling and one standing. and because a. they are metal, and b. the way they are positioned, there isn't a lot of room for converting. unless of course you are extremely good with greenstuff sculpting.

oh, and the master, um, if its the one metal commander model then he should already be armed with a combi-melta. if not then it just could count as one.
Old 19 May 2006, 11:55   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you want fluff for terminator's here's an idea. (before i even start i just wanna say that i hate this idea but it sounds cool so here it is)

Your jungle army has a unit of Assault Terminators called the Warthogs that get drop podded into battles and excel at jungle warfare. They smash around in the forest pushing the enemy ahead of them into other units. Sgt Vallens has even been know to us his claws to cut down tree's adding futher damage to his enemies, his unit has even given him the callsign GORE.

*sighs* but i do hate assault terminators, they look cool but they suck. Oh well there's some fluff.
Closed Thread