Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Techmarine with jumppack
Closed Thread
Old 12 May 2006, 11:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Techmarine with jumppack

I'm thinking about having my Techmarine with a jump pack. I use the figure from the Blood Angel Honour Guard. This figure I thought might be sutiable when I will play with a Raven Guard army or a chapter with the drawbacks and traits "Flesh over steel", "Die standing"/"Death before dishounour", "Blessed be the warriors" and "No mercy-no respite". Does it sound like a good idea or a bad idea? How should I equip this Techmarine?
Old 12 May 2006, 13:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Techmarine with jumppack

well...he won't be able to take any servitors...

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 12 May 2006, 17:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Personally I went with a bike for mine. (The guy over there <---- isn't mine for those of you who don't know). The great thing about the bike is that on a turn where you turbo boost, you can move 24 inches, and your 2+ or 3+ save becomes invulnerable, which makes him very difficult to stop before he gets to assault.

A full servo harness can make a mounted techmarine into a close combat monster with 3 power weapons attacks and two powerfists. Also the twin linked plasma pistol and the flamer helps out on the charge before the actual assault begins. The only thing I would add on top of the harness and whichever mobility you choose to use is taking a combat shield for the cc invulnerable save to give some protection vs. attacks that ignore armor saves, because at this point he's gotten to be somewhat expensive.

Also remember that a solo tech-marine is an Independent character, which protects him some from ranged attacks, especially at deployment.
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 13 May 2006, 00:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the only problem is that a techmarine that is mounted on a bike, using a jump pack or equipped with terminator armor can't use a full servo harness.
Old 13 May 2006, 16:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Why Not? There is nothing under Tech-Marines, Servo-harness, Artificer Armor, Jump Packs, Space Marines Bikes, The Bike section, or Jump packs of the Main Book that says that you can't. Did I miss something?
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 13 May 2006, 16:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-Commander Archive
Why Not? There is nothing under Tech-Marines, Servo-harness, Artificer Armor, Jump Packs, Space Marines Bikes, The Bike section, or Jump packs of the Main Book that says that you can't. Did I miss something?
I agree. You've just got to figure out a way to model a Servo-Harness onto a model like that. Sounds like an excellant excuse for some extreme customisation. Fetch the green stuff!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
You've just got to figure out a way to model a Servo-Harness onto a model like that. Sounds like an excellant excuse for some extreme customisation. Fetch the green stuff!
When in doubt, just add more arms and wires! ;D

Old 13 May 2006, 17:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-Commander Archive
At least it used to be impossible. But maybe theyve removed that. Had a quick look too but couldent find anything.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

go to the games workshop 40k forums and look under the more questions for pete haines (its stickied so should be on the first page), when asked this exact question he stated no, and thats an official no. also you could try calling the games workshop help lines. again you will get a straight up no. apparently it just was never put in the space marine codex, although I hope that they hurry up with the faq.

although I don't see why you can't have a house rule that lets you, but otherwise its not allowed.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
> b) can take Servo-harness and jump pack? Or S-h and bike?

No

> c) can take Servo-harness and Terminator armor?

No
Well, that blows. I wouldn't mind so much if he had elaborated some, but just a strait No is irksome to say the least. Even an erratum has more explanation than that.

Well, I suppose I'll have to talk to my gaming group about using him, and I'll probably have to use my back up HQ more. :-\

Closed Thread