Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 point list
Closed Thread
Old 11 May 2006, 22:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default 1500 point list

I'll probably face tau, inqusiton, and marines.
It's a hybrid type force.

The remnets of the repers 1st company under command of Grand Master Alexander

HQ: Grand Marshal Alexander (A space marine master) with a plasma pistol, thunder hammer,
terminator armor and Artifacer armor. 130

HQ: Inqusitor lord with a psycannon and 3 servitors with heavy bolters. 150

Elite: 1 Dreadnought with assault cannon and ccw, venerable 125

Elite: 3 terminators and 2 terminators with assault cannons. 240

Elite: A vindacare Assain 110

Troops: 3 scouts with bolters, 1 sergeant with ccw and 1 scout with a heavy bolter. 70

Troops: 5 space marines with bolters and 1 space marine with a plasma gun in a razorback. 170

Troops: 4 storm troopers with hellguns, 1 storm trooper with a grenade luancher, 1 storm 120
trooper with a plasma gun and 1 Veteran with a storm bolter and a power wepon.

Troops: 5 space marines with bolters. 75

Fast Attack: 4 assault marines and a sergent with terminator honors and a power wepon. 140

Heavy Support: 1devastator marine with a bolter, 2 devastators with heavy bolters and 2
devastators with missle luanchers. (All 5 have tank hunters) 160

1500 points
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 11 May 2006, 22:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1500 point list

Quote:
Originally Posted by T pok
HQ: Grand Marshal Alexander (A space marine master) with a plasma pistol, thunder hammer,
terminator armor and Artifacer armor.
illegal. did you mean terminator honours?

that's a lot of very small, fragile squads

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 12 May 2006, 01:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

although it is refreshing to see someone choose the vindicare assassin over the callidus. although you might want to be careful, you might get a couple of people saying 2 different things.

1. as a space marines player, you should not need an assassin. to which you should respond with "then don't take the 14 star cannons (or insert other "cheesy" army option)

2. the callidus is so much better than the vindicare. now heres where it gets fun, see anyone can take a callidus and kill loads of anything, but it takes a good amount of tactics to use the vindicare effectively. plus snipers are just sooo much cooler.

personally I would drop the last unit of space marines and bump up your other squads. I also don't really believe that the razorback is worth it. you either move it the 6 inches so that you can fire the gun up top, or you move the 12" to get your guys into a better position, and then you lose the ability to fire the razorbacks weapon. you would be better off either a rhino for the squad with more marines in the squad, or using the points towards a tank (vindicator, predator annihilator, predator destructor, or a whirlwind)

just some ideas.
Old 12 May 2006, 02:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Alright, I think this list could use a lot of work, so letís go over it step by step:
Quote:
terminator armor and Artifacer armor. 130
I'm going to assume you meant termie honors. This guy is very expensive, very tooled up for close combat, and near immobile, which isn't a good combo. First of all, you probably want to give him some form of mobility, whether it is in the form of a command squad with a transport, or a bike/jetpack. Either that or you want to cut him down to the minimum cost and remove all of his gear except for something like a storm bolter.

Quote:
HQ: Inqusitor lord with a psycannon and 3 servitors with heavy bolters. 150
I don't know inquisitor stuff, but at a glance this seems good.

Quote:
Elite: 1 Dreadnought with assault cannon and ccw, venerable 125
Same problem as your commander, very geared up for close combat and stuck walking to it. Give it a drop pod and a heavy flamer if you want him up close, or give him some ranged weaponry to engage from afar. If he's just here for an assault cannon, get a land speeder, it's cheaper.

Quote:

Elite: A vindacare Assain 110
With the dread included, this is a lot of elites. I would probably only keep two of these at the most, and use the points saved on reinforcing your troops, who are really lacking.

Quote:
Troops: 3 scouts with bolters, 1 sergeant with ccw and 1 scout with a heavy bolter. 70

Troops: 5 space marines with bolters and 1 space marine with a plasma gun in a razorback. 170

Troops: 4 storm troopers with hellguns, 1 storm trooper with a grenade luancher, 1 storm 120
trooper with a plasma gun and 1 Veteran with a storm bolter and a power wepon.

Troops: 5 space marines with bolters. 75
Ahh!! Minimized troop selections! No no no no no! At the very least you'll want to have at least six troops per unit, because it makes the enemy kill four of them before the unit looses scoring unit status. Ten would be better, especially for the marines because they are really hard to kill, and a unit of them will be expensive when you add in the cost of special weapons. I would drop the scouts, as the heavy bolter could come from pretty much anywhere else and would be cheaper. You'll have a lot of heavy bolters coming from other places as well, such as the dev squad. I would also give your troops more mobility, probably switching razorback to a rhino or a drop pod and load the 10 marines there. Then give the storm troopers infiltrate or deep strike. I lean towards deep strike and melta bombs with them myself.

Quote:
Fast Attack: 4 assault marines and a sergent with terminator honors and a power wepon. 140
Use these as support for your troops and they'll be fine. Give them one more man if you can spare the points.

Quote:
Heavy Support: 1devastator marine with a bolter, 2 devastators with heavy bolters and 2
devastators with missile luanchers. (All 5 have tank hunters) 160
Don't mix and match dev squads. Make them all anti tank or all anti infantry, rather than half and half. If your enemy uses hoards of infantry, give them the heavy bolters, otherwise I'd go more anti tank because you already have bolters on the HQ unit. Also the standard add more guys, even just one applies here as well.

Oh, and use spell check. That about sums it up, I think.
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 12 May 2006, 03:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Personally I think you don't have enough numbers or mobility. You seem to have fallen to the mistake alot of marine players make, which is load up on the fancy stuff. The strongest part of the marine force is the basic marine, I rarely go to a 1500 point game with less than 35+ marines and I seldom lose.
Old 13 May 2006, 07:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

This is what I changed. I can't chose the 500 points more. I've also got a hull that I can probably make into a predator.

HQ: Grand Marshal Alexander (A space marine master) with a plasma pistol, power weapon,
terminator honours and Artificer armor. 135

HQ: Inquisitor lord with a psycannon and 3 servitors with heavy bolters. 150

Elite: A vindacare Assassin 110

Troops: 7 space marines with bolters and 1 space marine with a plasma gun 145

Troops: 4 storm troopers with hellguns, 2 storm troopers with a grenade launchers 80

Troops: 7 space marines with bolters. 105

Fast Attack: 4 assault marines and a Sergeant with terminator honors and a power weapon. 140

Heavy Support: 1devastator marine with a bolter, 4
devastators with missile launchers. (All 5 have tank hunters) 170

1010 points

I used th spell check. Hurray.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Much much better. :funny:

There are a couple of math errors though. First, you over charged yourself with the tactical squad with a plasma gun. Also the total came up for me as 1275 before fixing the squad, or 1245 after. There might be more so you'll want to check that.

Also, I'd still really cut down on the Grand Marshal's points. He's really expensive, and he doesn't need to be. The first thing that you could change is instead of giving him termie honors an Artificer armor, just give him Termie armor. It's 10 points cheaper, and actually better! If Money is the issue, just remember that you can buy a termie blister pack for pretty cheap.

I'd also switch the plasma pistol for a bolt pistol, just because it's a lot cheaper, and pistol range is so low nither will see much use in the shooting round. The Power weapon is a good choice because it lets him use his high initiative in Close Combat. Then all you need to do is stick him with one of your troops or Dev squad and let him be your counter assault guy.

That brings us to the troops. Daggoth has a good point, your guys aren't really that mobile, and they don't have enough men to walk all the way across the board without dying. What I would consider doing is actually dropping a guy in each squad, and getting a heavy weapon of some sort, probably a lascannon. The lascannon squad is a pretty standard troop selection for shooty marine lists.

With all the heavy fire coming at them instead of having to charge the enemy, you can make them want to charge you, which is when your Master and the assault squad can counter charge and hopefully grind the enemy to the dirt.

I'd still try to add one extra man to both the Dev and assault squads, as six men units have a definite scoring advantage over fives.

Oh, and by the way, the has an "e" in it. :P
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 15 May 2006, 18:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah I added a squad twice and did'nt add another.

What if I give them infiltrate?

The marshal isn't geting termie armor becuse he needs to be fast. Also I end up useing pistols to shoot alot when I chase fast models around the board and can't get to cc.
Old 16 May 2006, 00:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'd say for the sake of balance, you probably shouldn't use traits on a marine army that has inducted troops. I'm pretty sure you'll need opponent permission to field combined forces, and It just seems more fair that the marines be vanilla if they're working with the guard.

On the other hand you could make an alternative 1000 point list that you could use if your opponent objects to you using guard, and in that you could use traits.

As for the Termie Armor, the only situation that makes it "slower" is that termie armor can't make sweeping advances, but that's not really a big deal. For all other intents and purposes it's just as mobile as arti armor, but has a +5 invulnerable save to boot.

In fact, what you could do is make the termie squad you have into a termie command squad, and let the commander run around with them. It would raise their squad up to six, a magical number, and would arguably make the commander more survivable because he'd have such a beefy bodyguard. This would also let the commander take the better ranged storm bolter to go with his power sword, although the plasma pistol could also be really useful in this squad.

Old 16 May 2006, 17:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Termies can't have jumpacks.
Also There deamon hunters.
I'd don't belive i need permisson eather.
I'm saving up for termies.
What's with 6?
Closed Thread