Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My sad experience with Marines/Army List
Closed Thread
Old 25 Apr 2006, 03:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default My sad experience with Marines/Army List

Well I first started off playing Loyalist Marines, I lost about 12 games with them. I had a good army, good upgrades, but evidently the dice gods had no mercy what-so-ever. With Tau I did wonderfully, with Khorne I did wonderfully, with my IG and Catachans I did just great.

Space Marines, another story, I've created great lists, and won some battles with them, I like the overall feeling of them also. I think they fit in with me also.

But I've decided to give them a go again, but I got interested in Space Wolves, as they remind me of my scandanavian ancestors, they have the tactics I like (mixed), and they're pretty easy to paint. I just got my compulsory army finished, and I added a long fang squad and a rhino, so far it's looking good, here's my list.

HQ
Bjorn Fellhand; Wolf Lord
Frost Axe
Bolter
Frag Grenades
Wolf Tooth Necklace
108 pts.

Sven Fellhand (father); Dreadnought
Twin-linked Autocannon
CC Weapon
160 pts.

Troops
Blood Claws Pack I
10 SW's
Bolt pistols
Frag Grenades
Rhino Transport (optional at all times)
190 pts.

Blood Claws Pack II
10 SW's
Bolt pistols
Frag Grenades
140 pts.

Grey Hunter Pack I
10 SW's
All bolters and close combat weapons
Frag Grenades
190 pts.

Heavy Support
Long Fang Pack I
3 Long Fangs
All Missle Launchers
Pack Leader
150 pts.

Total: 938 pts.

Or without the rhino transport, it wouldn't require the extra Dread, but would be 728 pts.

Old 25 Apr 2006, 13:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My sad experience with Marines/Army List

from the top: the lord is kinda redundant at 1000 pts. for efficiency, take a battle leader, and lose the teeth...oh, and a bolt pistol will probably take you further than a bolter in this case...and a wolf pelt wouldn't hurt

get that vennie dread extra armour

bloodclaws: both packs need power fists...maxed out power fists. oh, and lose one claw from one of the squads...pack the battle leader in there. and, if you can swing it, a rhino for the second pack

hunters: power fists would be handy here as well...and a meltagun wouldn't go amiss

long fangs: unless you have fluff reasons for taking these guys, i'd say scrap 'em. a predator with an autocannon and las sponsons will take you much further for less

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 25 Apr 2006, 14:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

like BF said- Long Fangs suck, preds rock, you need lots of powerfists in your squads, take special weapons too (I prefer meltas).

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 25 Apr 2006, 18:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I agree with BF. Power fists are great in the BC squads and a WGBL couldnt hurt in their either. Also rhinos are a must for blood claws. Give the grey hunters the meltagun but not the Blood claws as their BS is to low. Oh and i love my predator ahnihilator with lascannon sponsons <- Great idea!
Old 25 Apr 2006, 22:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Maybe you should play Lamentors with your luck...

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 26 Apr 2006, 11:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I stick flamers in Blood Claw packs sometimes, depends who you're fighting though, as they can potentially wipe out the unit you're planning to assault.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Closed Thread