Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 point Black Templar
Closed Thread
Old 18 Feb 2006, 23:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 2000 point Black Templar

Here it is!

I made this to play a friend on Tuesday, but seeing as he only has about 1000 points, I'll have to tone it down. Wht do you guys think I should take out? I'll only take one Chaplain, and probably leave out the HB/Plas Tactical squad. Some stuff may be illegal, but I am playing BT Armag. rules, so I do it roughly against that. Thanks!

Space Marine List- Black Templars

Headquarters- 783

Command Squad- 462

Force Commader-139 Artificer Armour
Frag grenades
Master crafted weapon [plasma pstl.]
Purity Seals
Terminator Honors
Plasma Pistol
Power Sword

Veteran Sergeant- 75 Purity Seals
Terminator Honors
Storm Bolter
Power Fist

Apothecary- 43 Reductor
Narthecium
Bolt Pistol

Standard Bearer- 77 Bolt Pistol
Holy Relic
Sacred Standard

Techmarine- 72 Servo Arm
Power Weapon
Bionics

Marine- 28 Meltagun

Marine- 28 Meltagun

Chaplain- 106 Plasma Pistol
Terminator Honors
Purity Seals
Frag Grenades

Chaplain- 110 Terminator Armour
Storm Bolter
Bionics
Terminator Honors [free]

Emperorís Champion-105

Elites- 210

Assault Terminator Squad- 210
Sergeant
4 Terminators

Troops- 491

Tactical Squad-101
6 Marines
Heavy Bolter
Plasma gun

Tactical Squad-111
6 Marines
Lascannon
Plasma gun

Tactical Squad-221
8 Marines
+ Veteran Sergeant
Plasma Pistol x2
Purity Seals
Frag Grenades
Melta gun
Power fist
Power Weapon

Rhino-58
Smoke Launchers
Rough Terrain Mod.

Heavy Support- 438

Devastator Squad-170
Missile Launcher x4
6 Marines
Land Raider Crusader- 268
Smoke Launchers

Input?

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 19 Feb 2006, 09:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 2000 point Black Templar

ok, i'm not actually sure i approve of that much being spent on HQ...IMO it might do some damamge to the rest of your army (i tend to find that squads are what gets you through the game...having faced off against some pretty damn mean heavy-duty HQ's out there...much scarier than that there command squad)

but if you're set on that, we'll go from the top:

force commander: lose the arti-armour. i'm assuming your coommander is gonna eb well and truly tucked away in that there squad, so the only time he'll have need of it is in combat...where the only weapons targeting him will negate his save anyway. an iron halo is a much more useful investment. also, hwat role do you want him to play?? i'm not 100% convinced on his setup

next, that whole command squad...it's not gonna be packed in that crusader is it?? cos if so, i'm just gonna have to wince...cos that's a serious investment to have in one place...i dunno...the whole thing seems skewy to me. but hey, your call...

next, you don't seem to have many marines...believe it or not, even with a squad like that, that's gonna cost you...its now much harder to take objectives, or even saty in the fight...

really, i think the main problem i see with this list is the low number of troops, and high expenditure on really costly HQ...and their ride (i'm assuming)

sorry to sound so negative about this, and feel free to discard my advice. it's not a guarantee that this list won't work, its just how i see it

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 19 Feb 2006, 21:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

No, the Crusader is for the Termies and thier accompaning Chaplain. I think I'll drop the other Chaplain.

I've always played with powerful HQ's because they work, especially against the relatively weak armies my friend's play. A common occurance will be my Command Squad assulting a FW squad, and my friend gives up and just takes them off the table...

I can't take an Iron Halo on the Commander, because the EC has it, and only one per army [at least in 3rd edition...]

I think I'll settle for a Commander in Termie Armour and the Assault Termies as his Command Squad for next 1500 game.

I usaully just throw the 8 man squad into assault, supported on eitehr flank by Termies and HQ, and use the rest of the Taccies to bolter blast the living daylights out of anything within 24".

Keep in mind, I will be playing an Eldar army with Fire Dragons, SS, HB, Storm Guardians [8] Guardians[8], and a small Farseer gathering.

The other player has about 900 Orks, with one Trukk, 2 nobs, 8 Shootas, 10 stikkbommas, and 8 sluggas, not to mention 3 warbikes and a big lobba.

All in all, I think a strong assult force coupled with medium-light weaponry will do the trick.

Thansk for your input... it really means a lot to me!
Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 19 Feb 2006, 23:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

ok, i guess i'm just used to a different situation, where a command squad like that is just gonna be nuked outta existence...or met with something nastier...btw, how do they get to the opposite side of the board?? they need a ride of some sort, don't they?? or do your opponents really let them walk across the board??

4th ed, with the new BT codex, that's actually changed...the EC has something else nowadays

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 19 Feb 2006, 23:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Commander Cool

just to answer your question, fangz, I try hard not to let them just go straight across. This is going to be my first time using a semi- full eldar force against his BT. My Fire dragons, should help hold up against his crusader.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 23:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Fangs: Hmmm... Don't have the new BT... I'll check it out at the store, and if the EC doesn't have it, I'll drop the Artie on the Commander and add a Halo.
Usually, my HQ is in the Crusader, but I am trying a new tactic by using cover to advance. I usually can get a squad walkin' 'cross the table, as most of my long range support mops things up as I advance.

In response to your first post, I may just Deepstrike the Termies and put the Command in the LRC...

Cool: Yes, but my Devastator squad should tidy them Dragons up a bit from across the table

You do bring up a valid point, Cool. I will have to watch for close range AT, but if your do manage to blow it up, its always got 6 Terminators inside

Anyways, I'll cut some stuff 'afore Tuesday if the Ork player doesn't show.

Closed Thread