Old 31 Jan 2006, 03:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default BT or SW

i currently have

1 master chaplain

9 guys w/ cc wep, 2 have power fist. 1 have power wep,all have bolt pistol
2 guys w/ cc wep and plasma pistols

7 guys w/ bolter.
1 guy w/ missle launcher, 1 guy w/ melta gun.

1 rhino

total=20 guys an 1 rhino
all for the BT. Im looking at the SW and noticing they have cooler abilities like true grit. but i dont know if they can use termies as elites. im looking for the best cc marine army or at least one of the best. if u can, choose an army tht i can use these w/ and give me some ideas of how to use them. i havent given anybody upgrades yet. please help! :'(
Old 31 Jan 2006, 04:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: BT or SW

The SW get happy little fellows called "Wolfgaurd" or something, they can select gear from the armory, so you can take them and give them termy armor.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 04:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

IMO space wolves are the better combat army, possessing troops that are just innately better than the BT's, even with the BT's theoretical advatages of always hitting on 3's in combat, and being fearless when in the same position. its just that space wolves troops choices have either true grit or 4 attacks on the charge, as well as having access to considerably more power fists and counter-charge

hell, last time i fought templars with my wolves, 2 squads annihilated 3 enemy ones...and that was before they had to pay for vows...

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 31 Jan 2006, 18:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

personally, I think that Wolves are better. True Grit is an awesome skill, and I think that SW have more character reflected in their rules than any other chapter.

Also, check out the 13th Company- the ultimate in Loyalist marine close combat. They have two base attacks on their stats. That means that, with True Grit, Grey Slayers always have 3 attacks. Plus, Wulfen are evil.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 31 Jan 2006, 19:18   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

well...i was wondering what can have more models in an army overall...as i seem to like more than just a few expensive models. if you can tell me what to get for space wolves...or BT i'd really appreciate this. Thanks!
Old 31 Jan 2006, 22:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

well, you already have a wolf priest, bloodclaw squad with rhino and a grey hunter squad

so to boost that to 1500 points, you really only need another of each of those 2 squads, a few mroe rhinos, perhaps a dreadnough of some description, maybe a nice predator and some scouts or something similar, and you're good to roll

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 01 Feb 2006, 09:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedBreed
well...i was wondering what can have more models in an army overall...as i seem to like more than just a few expensive models.
I'd think that Black Templars can get more, cheaper models than Space Wolves, but it's pretty close. You can take a Neophyte (cheaper than a scout) for every Initiate you have in BT crusader squads, so you can get your numbers up that way.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 01 Feb 2006, 15:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Here's an aspect of taking a Black Templar army that I'd never considered: If you take slightly fewer Neophytes than Initiates in a squad, it'd be like taking a squad of fully-fledged Space Marines. They share the same stats if I recall and their lower armour save would be in the minority (so they would share the much better 3+ armour save). Just keep removing the Neophytes as the squad gets thinned out and they'll stay in the minority. Is this much frowned upon? If not, it's a way to shave a few points off your army list and afford some upgrades here and there.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 01 Feb 2006, 18:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Just keep removing the Neophytes as the squad gets thinned out and they'll stay in the minority.
The model you remove has to have the majority armour save. So if you fail a 3+ save, you have to remove an Initiate.

GENDARME WING
Old 02 Feb 2006, 16:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwhizz
The model you remove has to have the majority armour save. So if you fail a 3+ save, you have to remove an Initiate.
Oh, damn. Is that the case? Well, scratch that then, after the first couple of casualties, you'll have to treat them all as Neopytes!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread