Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Marine Srgs
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jan 2006, 09:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Space Marine Srgs

Now that i'm into the modeling stage for my army I decided that I really don't like the look of Srgs without helmets. I mean, IMO, they look ugly and makes it neccesary for me to buy more paint plus it makes them look out to be human which i'm trying to back away from with my 'faceless killers' theme. On the other hand, I heard you have to model Srgs without helmets because that's how they're depecited and recognized in 40k.

But, I read up that Space Marine Sgrs can also be modeled with red helmets as well (like Assult srgs). Can I do that with all my Srgs and not be hassled in tournaments?
Old 28 Jan 2006, 09:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to charn
Default Re: Space Marine Srgs

Hey,

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would hassle you about that. As long as your sergeants can be easily recognised and distinguished from a normal Space Marine, there should be no problem. There is no set way that these guys need to be modelled, just up to the individual players preference.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 09:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

I always give my sargeants a little more "work", when modeling and painting them. A little more of this and that. But the most destinct abput them is that I glue a relic piece on their backpack. (I don't like their tiny bannerpoles)
Old 28 Jan 2006, 09:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I use the cloaked dark angels as sergeants, it looks quite nice... and they are identifiable
Old 28 Jan 2006, 11:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I personally prefer sgts with helmets.
if your chapter follows the codex marking system, sgts have red helmets, and veteran sgts have red helmets with a white stripe down the middle. I think this looks really cool, it really makes them stand out.

I have a red chapter, and for them I give sgts blue helmets.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 28 Jan 2006, 12:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

That's a releif to hear. I was going for more of clone army look as opposed to an 'army of one' thing and it makes them look more menacing. Plus red helmets look pretty sweet with some tiny white detailed text sprawled across the sides. Oh yeah, and maybe with a blood-streaked power weapon just for good measure.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 13:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

another way to do vet sgt helmets is red with a little white wreath painted on-
check the Space Marine Codex and How To Paint Space Marines for some cool examples.

My Righteous Crusaders army has no bare heads in it.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 28 Jan 2006, 13:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

you could put some of the purity seals that the box comes with, and also if your vet is carring a regular close combat weapon(or another weapon type), don't use the chainsword.
For example, I gave one my vets a halberd from the empire free companysprue in stead of the regular power sword that every body uses.
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 15:40   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have a DIY Chapter with a black and blue scheme (blue helmets, elbowguards, shoulderpads) and a little silver here and there (mainly pad rims). As red helmets would look strange i need a few ideas for distinguishing my sergeants - i too don't want bare headed sergeants. So far my first Idea was to paint the top ridge (or whatever you call that thing) white for normal sergeants and fully white helmets for Vet.-Sergeants. What do you think?

And what should i do with normal veteran squads? paint their helmet white too? I could claim all Vet.-Sergeants are transferred from the 1st Company or something ...

Below is picture of my normal scheme:
Old 28 Jan 2006, 15:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock
I could claim all Vet.-Sergeants are transferred from the 1st Company or something ...
All Vet-sergeants are former members of the 1st company since vetran seargents are seargents with terminator honours.

Making the helmets white sounds like a good idea, its easy and it will look good. And in lots of chapters the vetrans wear white helmets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Closed Thread