Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ninth Legion Army Lists: 1000,500, combat patrol
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jan 2006, 00:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Ninth Legion Army Lists: 1000,500, combat patrol

I could really use some help in the area of army building. I am starting space marines and have made my own chapter the Ninth Legion the traits are TYBB and see but don't be seen. Here is my plan for a 1000pt list a 500pt list and a combat patrol force. I have one razorback and 8 marines i can sell so any suggestions on units to purchase would be greatly appreciated. I will be facing mostly tau.

Ninth Legion

The Ninth Legion was once a great and famous chapter known for its crusades against the many ruinous powers, most notably khorne and nurgle. They fought valiantly during the horus heresy but one of their most sacred artifacts was stolen by an elite khorne strike force. Such an artifact caused quite a bit of disturbance and interest in the eye of terror. The khorne fleet returning to their a stronghold was ambushed by a several plague battleships. Tzeenich also went after such a treasure and attacked with a large fleet. The battle raged for days and khorne reinforcements quickly rushed in. The nurgle commander quickly realized time was short and that a decisive attack must be made. He ordered one destroyer packed with toxins to ram the khorne flagship while boarding ships loaded with plague terminators attacked. The attack was a success but the artifact was not on board the flagship. Only moments later another entire khorne fleet arrived and the tzeenich and nurgle fleets were decimated. The Ninth Legions quickly prepared for the largest crusade of their history, one that would rival even that of the black templars. They set out on this crusade never to be seen again. After a leaving a warp storm hit the sector and though it is believed that the entire legion was destroyed in the storm some have their doubts. Soon after mysterious attacks ravaged and in some cases entirely destroyed key planets of khorne. One such planet was deep inside the eye of the terror and is known to be a major fortress of khorne. If these attacks were really the work of the “Eagles” it would be one of the deepest incursions into the eye known to this point!

1000 pts.

Master Marcus Flavius Aquila130
-Eagle of the Ninth (master crafted- power weapon)
-Plasma Pistol
-Artificer Armor

Terminator Squad Aurelius 220
Aurelius -Power Weapon
-Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad Claudius 115
Claudius- Terminator Honors - Power Weapon - Bolt Pistol
-Infiltrate

Tactical Squad Valentinius 220
Valentinius - Terminator Honors - Power Fist - Bolt Pistol
-Meltagun
-Infiltrate

Assault Squad Octavian 110

Devastator Squad Placidus 115
-Missile Launcher
-Missile Launcher

500 pts.

-Plasma Pistol
-Artificer Armor

Tactical Squad Valentinius 130
-Meltagun
-Infiltrate

Tactical Squad Claudius 121
Claudius- Terminator Honors - Power Weapon - Bolt Pistol
-Flamer
-Infiltrate

Devastator Squad Placidus 115
-Missile Launcher
-Missile Launcher

Combat Patrol

-Plasma Pistol
-Artificer Armor

Tactical Squad Valentinius 166
-Meltagun
-Infiltrate

Assault Squad Octavian 110

but wanted to incorporate scouts and possibly a librarian

enjoy and tear the lists apart ;D

~Anti11es