Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

blood angel army
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jan 2006, 02:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default blood angel army

This is my army list, itís about 1550pts and follows all blood angel rules and restrictions such as death company ect.

Master of Sanctity
* ** artificer amour, melta bombs, frag grenades, terminator honours, death mask, master crafted plasma pistol

Terminator squad
* ** 1 power weapon, 3 power fists, 1 chain fist, 3 storm bolters, 1 assault cannon, 1 cyclone launcher

Tactical squad
* ** vet-power weapon, bolt pistol
* ** 7 bolters, 1 flamer, 1 missile launcher

Tactical squad
* ** 7 bolters, 1 flamer, 1 lascannon

Scout squad
* ** 4 close combat weapons, 4 bolt pistols

Scout squad
* ** 1 heavy bolter, 4 sniper rifles

Predator annihilator
* ** twin-linked lascannon, 2 heavy bolters, pentacle storm bolter, smoke launcher, power of the machine spirit

Vindicator
* ** demolisher cannon, storm bolter, smoke launcher, power of the machine spirit

Dreadnought
* ** assault cannon, dreadnought close combat weapon, heavy flamer

Iíd appreciate any feed back good or bad
Old 26 Jan 2006, 12:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: blood angle army

Ok then...I would drop the rather expensive cyclone missile launcher in favour of another assault cannon (assuming they are slogging it in on foot or deep striking in). Every man and his dog can take a missile launcher, so I think you should take weapons unique to Terminators. The assault cannon is truly fearsome, especially when coupled with the 'tank hunters' special skill (deep strike behind enemy armour). If you ever invest in a Land Raider though, I suggest you swap out an assault cannon for a heavy flamer.

Your tactical squads have some conflicting weapon choices, you might be better served with plasma guns than with flamers. I would ditch the lascannon in favour of the much cheaper missile launcher (a more versatile weapon besides). Between your Vidicator, Predator and Terminators you have some effective AT capability, so perhaps you could afford to drop your AT weapons in favour of heavy bolters? It's always a good idea to take Rhinos for your tactical squads too. The ability to quickly take forward positions puts your attached heavy weapons in good positions to shoot at the soft armour facings of enemy vehicles. They're only 50 points each, so in my opinion they're the most points efficient transport in the game.

I'd give your veteran scout sergeant a teleport homer for your teminators. He's already got Terminator Honours so it's only another 5 points.

Last but not least, it's worth considering making your dreadnaught venerable. It's pretty cheap and makes the thing really hard to kill. Plus, for another 10 points, you can give him a special skill (tank hunters is a good choice with an assault cannon...although you won't often get a shot at rear armour). The more strength 7 weapons you've got knocking about ('tank hunters' increases the assault cannon's armour penetration roll by 1), the greater your chance of getting off a volly at that soft rear armour (Assault Cannons are rending too...bonus).

Those are some suggestions that would make your army more expensive on the whole, but it might be worth considering stripping some points elsewhere.

P.S. - The Marine chapter to which you refer are collectively known as the Blood Angels...
Blood Angles is a form of lethal trigonometry used by an elite cadre of Tibetan ninja mathematicians.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 22:30   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: blood angel army

so with the great advice I've tweaked the list to change these things

Terminator squad
1 power weapon, 3 power fists, 1 chain fist, 3 storm bolters, 1 assault cannon, heavy flamer, land raider crusader

Tactical squad
vet-power weapon, bolt pistol
7 bolters, plasma gun, 1 missile launcher

Tactical squad
vet-power weapon, bolt pistol
7 bolters, 1 flamer, 1 missile launcher

Scout squad
vet-power weapon, bolt pistol, teleport homer
4 close combat weapons, 4 bolt pistols

Dreadnought
assault cannon, dreadnought close combat weapon, heavy flamer, smoke launcher, extra armour, venerable-tank hunter

i also have commander with lightning claws and a Liberian and crazy 562pt honour guard
7 assult marines(1 with power weapon), sanguinary priest, standard bearer,vet Sarge
and I'm using my only rhino for the death company

(thanks for pointing out the spelling :-[)
Old 26 Jan 2006, 22:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

Were's your Death Company man?, thats the Blood Angles best unit!
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
Old 27 Jan 2006, 02:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

death company is randomly generated and point cost is also included in the Chaplin, they are basically a free unit ;D that is always included in the army no mater what
Old 27 Jan 2006, 04:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Death Co also carry an inordinary price, as sometimes that 5-men Termie squad you're looking forward to field gets in play with a single member instead...
Old 27 Jan 2006, 08:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Are they worth it though? It's very fluffy, taking a detachment from the death company (strange word to use I know), but are they effective?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 05:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes, very much. However, it's better for BAs to field relatively cheap figs to feed to the Death Co. Personnally, I'd field nothing costlier than Vet Assault squads.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 07:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

A really nasty trick is lots of Scouts and minimized Tactical squads. More special weapons and more DC roles!

... that said, it is possible to have your super character succumb. Loosing lots of wargear is a pain.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 31 Jan 2006, 00:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Always take Vet Sgt for every squad with no wargear. If you have to give one to the DC give the Vet. You get a free Power Fist or Sword model. Very nice ability
Closed Thread