Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Raven Guard Questions
Closed Thread
Old 25 Jan 2006, 00:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Raven Guard Questions

hey,

i am looking at starting 40k and one of my options is to start a Raven Guard army although i have a few questions first

1. With banners, are there raven guard banners like the ultramarines banners for all units and the standard bearer in the command squad?

2. how would you incorperate anti-tank abilities into assault squad and so forth, would you have to use the anti-armour in tanks and dreds or meltabombs or tac squads?

3. Is it a generally good army that not many people use because i dont want to go ultramarines as they are common, are the raven guard not used very often?
Old 25 Jan 2006, 00:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Raven Guard Questions

The biggest reason Raven Guard arn;t used is because they don't have their own sub codex. so use Traits to create them!

1. Make your own banners!

2. Meltabombs on Assault squads are a good bet! Coupled with a Dred (Missile Launcher and Lascannon) you are set for anti-tank up to 1,000 point engagements. Giving Tac squads Missile Launchers is a good idea too.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 25 Jan 2006, 00:59   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
The biggest reason Raven Guard arn;t used is because they don't have their own sub codex. so use Traits to create them!
Another reason that the Raven Guard aren't used much is because they lack in the heavy firepower provided by other chapters, because of the recently revamped rules in the assualt form for 40k. It makes playing the Raven Gaurd all the more fullfilling to win with. Victory aside if you are seriously looking at playing Raven Guard you have to expect to lose a lot of causualties in a really short time span. I have played Raven Gaurd for about 3 yrs and although they do not have there own codex, if played in the right way can be devastating (As with all armies and chapters)

Cheers Daemonic-Archangel
Old 25 Jan 2006, 01:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

ooooooo, you can make a unit of Shrikes wing
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
Closed Thread