Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Suggestions for a custom Chaplain?
Closed Thread
Old 24 Jan 2006, 09:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Suggestions for a custom Chaplain?

I want to add a chaplain to my Terminator command squad to make it far more fearsome in close combat. Problem is, I don't like the current Chaplain models. They're so creepy and gothic. Why can't a Chaplain serve as a Space Marine chapter's spiritual leader without dressing up in a halloween costume? Basically I want a sort of fighting-Padre look. He should first and foremost serve as a combatant but he should be furnished with a plethora of nik-naks dennoting his faith. A rosarius is fine, but I wan't to bin the crozius-arcanum in favour of a normal power weapon...maybe something bold and aggressive like a power axe?

Now you know what I want to make him into, have you any suggestions as to how I might customise a Termintor to make my Chaplain?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 10:16   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: Suggestions for a custom Chaplain?

I have no idea personally. I'm not exactly the right person to ask about conversions etc. However you could possibly get an old chaplain model if you don't like the new ones. I'd recommend keeping the crozius as otherwise your opponent might make you pay the points for a power weapon (only power gamers would do this but better safe than sorry). Also I'd personally stick to the chaplain models rather than trying to convert a terminator. Unless you're absolutely sure you can do it I wouldn't risk it on a model which is so expensive.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 10:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

That's your advice? Don't do it? Haha! ;D

Nah, seriously bud, I really hate the way chaplains look. I want mine to look more like a courageous leader and a combatant than a gothic freak show.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 11:06   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
That's your advice? Don't do it? Haha! ;D
My advice wasn't Don't do it. My advice was to not do it unless you're absolutely sure that you won't mess it up by accident and end up with a mess. Mainly becausae of the cost of Terminator and Chaplain models. If you think you can do it then by all means don't let me stop you. I'd recommend the rosarius and the head. Also the arms should be used although they may look a little wierd, if this is the case then maybe you could make them look more like Terminators arms by adding green stuff.

Apart from this I really have no idea. You'd probably have got better replies and ideas if you'd posted this in the conversions thread.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Perhaps you're right...I figured space marine players would have a lot of experience with this sort of thing. cheers pal, I'll try there.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 13:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well one simple method would be to add a Rosarius to to normal plastic terminator (theres some excellent bits for this in the Inquisitor range). Use the seargeant arm but replace the power sword with an axe or something. Embilish the armour with as many purity seals as you can get your hands on and give him a bare head. Paint the armour black with gold trim and maybe add a back banner. There plastic chaplain.

EDIT:

he should have a bare head, not a bear head which is something else entirely.
There's a lesson here no posting until after my coffee is finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 13:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ooo...purity seals and gold trim...I like it. Never thought of gold trim, I was thinking how to hightlight it, but that's much better. Thanks.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 10:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

use the imperial eagle that goes on top of the standard (from the command squad box) to make a crozius, and put it on top of a power axe (cut the whole axe head off).

use a bald, bare head.

put some scrolls and puriy seals on, and one of the reliquaries from a BT sprue.

I made a plastic jump pack chaplain the other week, I'll try to get some pictures up.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 25 Jan 2006, 10:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwhizz
use the imperial eagle that goes on top of the standard (from the command squad box) to make a crozius, and put it on top of a power axe (cut the whole axe head off).

use a bald, bare head.

put some scrolls and puriy seals on, and one of the reliquaries from a BT sprue.

I made a plastic jump pack chaplain the other week, I'll try to get some pictures up.
That's a good idea for a scratch built Crozius Arcanum, but the thing is I just don't like them (I plan to use a power weapon instead). Thanks anyway. The reliquaries idea is good, I'll have to pinch some bits from my store's BT battleforce. I was talking to another chap though (in the conversions forum) and he suggested I use some demonhunters bits. After talking to him, I think I might convert a Brother Captain Stern Model (one of my favourites). I'd like to fit him with an Emperor's Champion head and bend his fingers so he looks as though he's challenging the enemy, rather than pointing his storm bolter. Im just love that model...it might be the way he's holding his sword.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 10:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

sounds like an interesting idea
a plastic company champion/ BT crusader helmet might be cheaper/ easier to use than the EC head, but won't have the wreath.

yeah, bending his fingers would be a good idea, his fingers look crap.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Closed Thread