Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Fists and Grey Knights
Closed Thread
Old 23 Jan 2006, 23:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Imperial Fists and Grey Knights

So a little while ago I was talking about making a Terminator/Grey knight terminator army list led by captain Lysander. I've finally made the list!

However I'd like to trim it down to 1500 points, and I was wondering if people could help me trim it down a bit! Advice will be greatly apprieciated.

Captain Lysander
5 Terminator Bodyguards* w/ 2 assault cannons

Grey Knight Grand Master w/ Word of the Emperor
4 Grey Knight Terminators w/ incinerator

6 Terminators w/ 2 assault cannons

6 Terminators w/ 2 cyclone missile launchers

6 Scouts w/ bolters, missile launcher vetran, teleport homer

4 Scout bikes (100) w/ vetran (15), teleport homer (5)

4 Scout bikes (100) w/ vetran (15), teleport homer (5)

So yeah like 400 points need to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 08:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Imperial Fists and Grey Knights

• For starters, as far as I can tell, assault Terminators can't take cyclone missile launchers, so there's a nice chunk of points right there. -50 points

• Trim an assault Terminator from the squad. -40 points

• Drop a bike squad; you don't need fast attack when you're teleporting in an army of Terminators...you can be everywhere at once or wherever you need to be most. If you're taking them to carry teleport homers forward, they're of limited use because in 2 out of 3 games you'll be able to infiltrate with your scouts. -120 points

• Drop one scout squad entirely and one scout from each remaining squad. -132 points

• Drop one Terminator from your command squad and one from your normal Terminator squad. -80 points

• Grant the tank hunters special skill to both of your assault cannon toting Terminator squads (then deep strike behind enemy armour). +30 points

There you have a 1500 point army. Aggressive and resilient but inflexible.

Alternative options:

• Drop an additional bike squad (ie. both of them). -120 points

• Add a Chaplain in Terminator armour to the assault squad (with melta bombs and a storm bolter). +120 points

When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 09:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

I would say, stay with your bike squads. You can get into close quarters on turn one, and get your termies down and up close. An idea would be to give your biker sargeants power weapons, terminators honours seems wated only to get a homer. But you should equip one of your scout squads with snipers, for the tougher creatures. You will have enough anti armor with your terminators.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 09:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chton
I would say, stay with your bike squads. You can get into close quarters on turn one, and get your termies down and up close. An idea would be to give your biker sargeants power weapons, terminators honours seems wated only to get a homer. But you should equip one of your scout squads with snipers, for the tougher creatures. You will have enough anti armor with your terminators.
But he needs to trim down; you've suggested how he might make it even more expensive!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

The um Assault terminators with cyclone missle launchers was a horrible horrible oversight and indecision on my part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 16:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Have we helped? Have you any better idea what you want to do with this army list now?
Closed Thread