Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Characterfull Seargents
Closed Thread
Old 15 Jan 2006, 21:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Characterfull Seargents

One thing I like about SM after shifting from Tau is the sheer variety and character you can put into the Marines, namely the customizeable ones, like Veteran Seargents. So, I'd like to hear some of your favorite not-quite heroic legend Seargents out there, and I'll start off with three I'm working on right now:

"Old Crow"; 52 pts : an Old suit of armor (beakie helm, studded shoulderpad, kneecapless legs, and bare rivet torso), equipped with 1 Lightning claw and Bolt Pistol, Purity Seals, and an Auspex. This guy may lead and Assault squad, and will therefore have a jetpack (I'm gonna magnet the backpack, and try to mail order an old jetpack). He's obviously the 'old man' of the unit, and age, experience (purityseals) and survival instict (auspex) are his hallmarks. His Claws will be converted to be birdlike, as will the paintjob on his beakie helmet.

"Bam Bam"; 80 pts : Thunderhammer, Combi-Meltagun, Bionics, Meltabombs. ;D the naming reason should be obvious... this guy hits HARD.. if I could find some way to get +1 strength I would. Modelling-wise, I was toying with the idea of a bare headed marine, with a greenstuffed topknot.. you guessed it, with a bone through it!, maybe I could find a suitable Space Wolf head, or use a Tau or Ork Topknot for a more 'classy' look... and maybe more Space Wolf bits on his armor to reinfoce the caveman theme.

"Sir Paladin"; 85 pts :Master Crafted PowerSword, Storm Shield, Artificer Armor. this guy will be a wannabe Emperors Champion, and snooty as hell! I'll imply snooty by making him as polished chrome as I can, maybe with a cherub familiar kneeling and polishing his shin plate as he walks... or maybe a gretchin manacled to him, or whatever... but a squire/slave on the base would be essential.

anyways those are for starters... and this just illustrates the neat stuff you just CANT do with Tau. Give me some of your ideas!
Old 16 Jan 2006, 03:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn
Default Re: Characterfull Seargents

Those actually sound really cool, particularly the Paladin and the cherub.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 04:32   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Veteran Sergeant Shananagans: Power Fist and bolt pistol. This guys a thorn in the side of his superiors. He'd be a captian by now if not for his careless disregard for the rules and his knack for blowing things up. He's a loose canon, but, dang-it, he's the best cop we've got!

He who seeks revenge digs two graves.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 16:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

67 Points - Brother Sergeant Joseph Magee of the Blood Angels second company.* Commands the company's first assault squad.* Carries no firearms, but is armed with two powerfists.* His men call him 'Crusher Magee' or 'Angry Joe' (behind his back of course), while many stories abound of his exploits in which he is referred to only as 'The Crimson Strangler'.* Clutches a mangled Eldar Guardian head in his right hand and perpetually chomps on a cigar.

>
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 21:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

these guys are very amusing, and full of character, but it's not character that really fits the fluff...

still, they're fun

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 16 Jan 2006, 22:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

Veteran Sgt. Henrik

Weapons/Equipment:
Reckoner Pistols (Master-Crafted Bolt Pistol & Thunder Hammer) Jetpack.

Modelling: Should have a Skull Helmet, HUGE shoulderpads, Bionic Legs, Swooping Hawk Exarchs Wings.

Painting: Dark Angels Green Lining, Black Armour, Metallic Green "Feathers", Bone Helmet.

Background: Henrik (known as The Reaper to the Tau Empire) fightts with his two Reckoner Pistols, huge barreled bolt pistols capable of crushing a Mammoth Grox's head with a single blow, he found them whilst battling the orks on Gryphonne V, his jetpack is captured Eldar Technology, as he leads his flying squad with lightning speed and tenacity.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 17 Jan 2006, 02:04   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Scout Sergeant Billy Ray Bob
Equipment: Master-crafted shotgun, huntin knife

Scout Sarge Billy Ray Bob is an adept tracker and hunter, and has never met a foe he coudn't hadle with his trusty double-barrel. He is always clad in cammo except for his John Deere cap. He also sports a trendy mullet.

He who seeks revenge digs two graves.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 08:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash Brown
Scout Sergeant Billy Ray Bob
Equipment: Master-crafted shotgun, huntin knife

Scout Sarge Billy Ray Bob is an adept tracker and hunter, and has never met a foe he coudn't hadle with his trusty double-barrel. He is always clad in cammo except for his John Deere cap. He also sports a trendy mullet.
And a Stetson by the sounds of it.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Funny to see that someone else is adding personal characteristics to their sargeants, or leader models at all.

The Master of my 3000+ army of Fallen is Vladimir Albrecht. He carries a Thunderhammer, a Bolt Pistol, Bionics and a Iron Halo. He is put together with parts from the regular space marine commander set, but with chaos shoulderpads and pistol plus a bit of green stuff.

For my Imperial Guard army I have Commissar Salvatore Lemmings ("pun") who I always put in my 50 man strong platoon of Conscripts.

As for Sargeants, I have Elias Storm, who carries a Power Sword, a Combi meltagun and has the true grit/countercharge skill. I use him as leader of my Veteran squad.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 05:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to gundamfan

Hmm, I don't literally give my sergeants characters, no names or anything, but I do try to make them unique from the rest of the Marines. Make them look more battle-hardened.