Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

SCout Bikes
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jan 2006, 03:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default SCout Bikes

A quick perusal of a search on subject this didnt show itself but forgive me if this has been discussed already.

Scout Bikes could assualt first turn.

They get a move before the game starts and this includes all movement normally capable... so they turbo boost 24 inches towards the enemy line... get INVULNERABLE saves and if the marines win first turn.. proceed to assault the nearest baddie... heated discussions on this have failed to poke holes in it... BUT if any of you fine Rulebook touting officianados can please let me know! and i would appreciate a page reference.

cheers!

p
Old 07 Jan 2006, 03:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: SCout Bikes

Yes they can but there marines and GW loves them.

Read next
Never mind
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 07 Jan 2006, 03:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

And I quote:

Quote:
In order to maintain their stealth they (Scout Bikers) may not use the turbo-boost option for their scout move.
Right out of the SMurfs codex.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 07 Jan 2006, 04:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

What Wraithbringer said - no need for a rulebook, just read the Codex. No first turn assault for j00, sorry... I think that GW, for all their moronicity, tends to keep away from first turn charges simply because it isn't realistic or fair - especially to the likes of Guard and (moreso) Tau!

IIRC, there's one specially kitted Tyranid brood, and a Kroot pack with a special item, that can get off a turn-one charge. Beyond that, nadda - and they only have a 1/6chance each, I believe (D6 closer Infiltrate?)
Old 07 Jan 2006, 04:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra-Tuisich'Novae
What Wraithbringer said
Ahem, it's Wrathbringer, not Wraith, but don't worry everyone does it :P.

Quote:
IIRC, there's one specially kitted Tyranid brood, and a Kroot pack with a special item, that can get off a turn-one charge. Beyond that, nadda - and they only have a 1/6chance each, I believe (D6 closer Infiltrate?)
I believe GW has specifically said that NOTHING in the game can get off a first turn charge (though I can't confirm this). And I don't think that any Tyranid brood can get the first turn charge, since the fastest things can only go a max of 2'. Oh and there is one thing that can get a first turn charge (though I'm not sure if it's actually legal, but I've seen it done), the Chaos Demon Prince can move 30" in one turn from normal movement (6"), fleet (6"), Blood Frenzy (6"), and moves like a beast so a Fast Charge (12").

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 07 Jan 2006, 04:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathbringer
Quote:
What Wraithbringer said
Ahem, it's Wrathbringer, not Wraith, but don't worry everyone does it :P.

Quote:
I believe GW has specifically said that NOTHING in the game can get off a first turn charge (though I can't confirm this). And I don't think that any Tyranid brood can get the first turn charge, since the fastest things can only go a max of 2'. Oh and there is one thing that can get a first turn charge (though I'm not sure if it's actually legal, but I've seen it done), the Chaos Demon Prince can move 30" in one turn from normal movement (6"), fleet (6"), Blood Frenzy (6"), and moves like a beast so a Fast Charge (12").
To the first: Oops! May bad!

To the second: Need MalVeauX to clarify the Daemon Prince, but it sounds dodgy... you use Blood Frenzy and FoF in the shooting phase both, so I don't think that you can...

And the Kroot actually can: Infiltrate in LOS (18") - 6" (Blood of the Stalker OR Hyperactive Nymune Organ)... move and assault 6" each, and voila... 1/6 chance, as I said, but it's doable.
Old 07 Jan 2006, 09:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Xenephobic Send a message via MSN to Xenephobic

Well if its a small demon prince/lord i e no stature, then yes it can get into combat in the first turn.

Infiltrate and Demonic speed.

So It infiltrates anywhere to 18 inches away, moves 6" in the movement phase, fleets for D6 in the shooting phase, then assaults for 12" in the assault phase.

But that requires:

1. Your foe to be within 18" to 24".
2. You to get up to a 6 on your fleet (if greater than 18").

With reguards to the khorne demon prince, no it couldn't move that far (sorry to dent the khorne players - I know i am one lol) It would only be able to move 24" at most.

6" from normal move + (max of)6" from blood frenzy + 12" assault (It wouldn't be able to fleet because if you go into blood frenzy you can't shoot - and therefore cannot fleet)

Old 07 Jan 2006, 19:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually the scout bikers could still get a 1st turn charge because 1) 12" scout move, 2) 12" move, 3) 6" assault move, which gives you a total of 30" which will be more than enough to charge an opponent if your deployment zones are 24" apart.

Also any Infiltrating unit has a chance to get a 1st turn charge, especially if they also have move through cover. They deploy 12" away from an enemy on the opposite side of or even inside of difficult terrain. Then IF they're difficult terrain rolls are decent they can charge.

Its a useful tactic for a well positioned space marine scout squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 01:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

Quote:
Also any Infiltrating unit has a chance to get a 1st turn charge, especially if they also have move through cover. They deploy 12" away from an enemy on the opposite side of or even inside of difficult terrain. Then IF they're difficult terrain rolls are decent they can charge.
Nope. not possible as the Infiltrate rule specifically states "more than 12"", therefore they cannot be exactly 12" away. A common mistake, but a mistake still. Nothing can get a first turn assault without rolling well any way you look at it.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 07:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to gego_cybor1

Actually shrike can.... Infiltrate , thats 12 or 18 inches away, then he can use a scout move with his jump pack...
Then he can use his regular movement and charge, so there... a pretty much definate first turn charge.

Join the Tauonline Runescape Clan!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?board=90.0
I'm a Leader
Closed Thread