Closed Thread
Old 05 Jan 2006, 04:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default The Forgotten Warriors

Well me pesonally Dante
Old 05 Jan 2006, 04:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The Forgotten Warriors

If you're asking who is the most well known, it's no matter of oppinion - simply fact. Marneus Calgar, The Oh So Grand And Uber Master Of Ultramar... the 4th Edition SM Codex oozes of Ultramarine fanishness like a Sycophant-Cherub.
Old 05 Jan 2006, 06:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

my FAVORITE has to be Kavan Shrike but hes just a captain and not that well known
:-\
Old 05 Jan 2006, 06:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Yes, I admit Shrike has potential and is probably going to go far(cool model aside). Still Calgar is probably the best known of the Space Marine Heros.
Old 05 Jan 2006, 06:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

really?? i'd be voting grimnar, who (in space wolf fluff, at least), is represented to be one of the most popular leaders among the imperium...

plus he has support among not only the planets immediately within his controlled area, plus throughout the imperium

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 05 Jan 2006, 07:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I agree logan grimnar is one of the most well known warriors to the imperium not to mention he has been dated back to the horus heresy.
Old 05 Jan 2006, 07:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

no, no he hasn't...as far as i now, only 1 known speaking and moving critter is still within the imperium from that era, and that's bjorn the fell-handed, and he's a dread (i don't count the emperor...he doesn't talk...and IIRC there's some primarch stuck in stasus

oh, wait, then there's the 13th company...hmmm...

anyways, perhaps you meant leman russ. but he's vanished somehere in the warp, probably defeating daemon-armies single-handed

as for logan himself...he's maybe 700 years. he's only been leading the wolves for about 500

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 05 Jan 2006, 07:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wait a minute that's not right he was amongst Leman Russ in the Horus heresy he is a well known soldier, he fought along side the wolves for over 1000 years now just like abandon who was Horus's cloned son in which came to power when Horus died.
Old 05 Jan 2006, 08:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

leman russ lived 10 000 years ago, well established "fact"...and logan grimnar was in no way amongst his soldiers...

i have yet to see any fluff suggesting that logan has lived 10 000 years. or that any marine outside of the eye of terror has lived 10 000 years without some form of life support system (aka dread). dante is the oldest recorded marine at about 1100 years old

i think you're getting a little confused here

Old 05 Jan 2006, 08:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So your telling me that abandon is 10 000 years old.
Closed Thread