Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sororitas allies for SW?
Closed Thread
Old 04 Jan 2006, 22:10   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Sororitas allies for SW?

I'm a Space Wolves player (or collector, looking at how few games I get to play..) and I can't get the idea out of my head that it'd be neat to add some sisters of battle to my force.

The standard Sororita squad is a cheaper way to put lots of bolters and power armor on the field than Grey Hunters. I've been toying with the idea of a big squad of those (My shieldmaidens?) And maybe a squad of Seraphim ( Valkyres?).

I like jump packs, but I don't really want to use a Bloodclaw pack with jump packs...they make much cooler crazy bikers

Alternatively I've been considered a Dominator squad in an Immolator for the volume of special weapons. And I love vehicles that can go 12 inches and still shoot.

I'm pretty set on having Sororitas, I'd never try and stick my wolves with an inquisitor or those stuck-up Grey Knights, I justed wanted to hear some thoughts on it. Performance-wise, fluff-wise, whatever.

Old 05 Jan 2006, 07:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Sororitas allies for SW?

actually, sisters are more likely to be stuck up than a radical inquisitor, with the sisters being the main enforcers for the ecclesiarchy, and the space wolves having had some serious issues in the past with the ecclesiarchy (surprise surprise...space wolves having trouble with authority figures from the imperium). at least inquisitors are still somewhat flexible (assuming we're talking about radical ones here)

anyways, away from that...i'd personally be heading for the dominator squad. loadsa fun . dunno which i'd go for outta flamers or meltas tho.

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 08 Jan 2006, 21:37   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I guess it'd depend on the enemy, too, whether you took flamers or meltas. (Why are they called meltas, anyway? In the german version they're melter and multimelter, which aren't even german words, so not really a translation).

I really like the sororitas miniatures, but I don't wanna start playing witchhunters...I'm not big on the inquisitors and the penitent engines and flagellants.

Any thoughts on fielding a regular SoB squad as troop choice?

....and Seraphim look great...maybe Im just gonna get some to paint them and have them look neat on my shelf

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Oh yeah, I have enough minis for a squad of bloodclaws (10, soon to be 15) and 3 full squads of grey hunters ( need some conversion work to look more like SW, half are old army leftovers) so I'm flexible in what kind of troop choices to field.

Aaand another Q: I have an old Predator Annihilator sitting around pre MKIIc rhino chasis, and it has heavy bolter sponsons. The other day a redshirt told me that doesn''t make any sense at all, but I figured the thing can move 6 inches under the new rules and fire all its weapons, that's pretty nice...
Old 08 Jan 2006, 23:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykmoe
I really like the sororitas miniatures, but I don't wanna start playing witchhunters...I'm not big on the inquisitors and the penitent engines and flagellants.

Any thoughts on fielding a regular SoB squad as troop choice?

....and Seraphim look great...maybe Im just gonna get some to paint them and have them look neat on my shelf

Aaand another Q: I have an old Predator Annihilator sitting around pre MKIIc rhino chasis, and it has heavy bolter sponsons. The other day a redshirt told me that doesn''t make any sense at all, but I figured the thing can move 6 inches under the new rules and fire all its weapons, that's pretty nice...
you can field a pure Sisters army, you know.

A Pred A with HB sponsons is very popular.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 09 Jan 2006, 11:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes . Sisters are a nice way of getting cheap powerarmour and bolters. You could do a large squad on foot with pure bolters. But the bolter is always more useful up close when you can rapidfire. A squad in a Rhino with a flamer and heavy flamer could be nice to. A small squad in a immolator is quite easy to kill.. a one shoot weapon.. and maybe a waist of points.

The seraphim's are not close combat troops remember that. To frail and expensive. With inferno pistols you can hunt tanks and with flamers troops. And then maybe hit and run. They can do loads of damage but you can not use them as blood claws.