Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help with new army
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jan 2006, 22:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Help with new army

I'm starting a marine force now. With deamon hunter alies.
220 HQ: Chapter Master with Artifacer armor, Iron halo, Plasma pistol, Master crafted thunder hammer, melta bombs, Terminator honors, Jump pack.

170 HQ: Grey Knight Grand Master with an Icon of the Just

75 Elite: Inqustor with Psycannon and a Heavy bolter servator.

98 Troops: Sergent with terminator honors, Combi plasma gun
3 scouts with bolters and 1 scout with a Heavy bolter, Acute senses.

95 Troops: 4 scouts with sniper rifles and 1 with a Heavy bolter, Acute senses.

189 Troops: 6 Inqusitoral Storm Troopers with 1 plasma and 1 melta gun, 1 vetren sergent with bolter and power wepon in a chimera with 2 heavy bolters.

130 Fast attack: 2 Attack bikes with Multi Meltas.

Traits:
See but donít be seen+10 points (included)
Suffer not the alien to live (tryanids)+13 points (included)
Aspire to glory
Die standing
22 models (13 of wich are non Grey knight space marines)

990 points

The master is already made with a thunder hammer and plasma pistol.
The scouts with bolters a heavy bolter and combi are made.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 03 Jan 2006, 22:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Help with new army

You have to many points in characters. You're squads are small and fragile. You have no heavy support. With this army you will probably loose to anything.
Old 04 Jan 2006, 05:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

very true. if i were you, i'd be ignoring all the costly daemon hunter stuff until you reach at least 1500 pts...

for 1000 points, i'd start with 2 solid tac squads, a mid-range HQ max and maybe a predator, then figure out what nice accessories the rest of your points can go on

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 04 Jan 2006, 09:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you taking elite high points troops with super elite high points troops,
so when did that beard start coming in?

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 04 Jan 2006, 14:12   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Tell us your tactic and then we will be able t give more help.

cyaz, dragon warrior
Old 04 Jan 2006, 15:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It's ecspecially true that you have too few troops to fight Tyranids which will completely overwhelm your army. Even with your equipment and traits to fight the hive mind, your men will be swarmed and crushed by your enemy.
At a minimal, reorganize your troop section to contain more Space Marines and get rid of the Storm Troopers. After all, Space Marine armies are supposed to be based on the Marines themselves and not a bunch of affiliated support units and squads.
Old 04 Jan 2006, 17:18   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Why don't you just make a Grey Knights army. The space marines you have are wasting loads of points.

cyaz, dragon warrior
Old 04 Jan 2006, 21:49   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

That is very close to a 1000 but if you could get it right on would be even better.
Old 04 Jan 2006, 21:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

I'm making a fluff based chapter that has basicly been wiped out and is investagating nid mutatons.

My tactic is mainly, seperate my men all around the board and give fire support to my HQ's in order for them to hit the enamy hard.

How can I maximise attacks amd armor on my Hq's so they can servive lots of bolters then power wepons and then smash whole squads in 1 phase for low points?(Whats the best marine Hq for 1000 points?
Thats what I'm aiming for.

Also it was 1000 points exacly but I discoverd I had 110 points of wargeer on my master.

Thank you for the critism.(It's helping )
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 05 Jan 2006, 07:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

then use deathwatch . they're the alien hunters...

as for your HQ's...believe me, they really don't hit anywhere near hard enough to do the kind of damage you need to stop 'em from getting nuked. even a lone space wolf character has trouble doing that (only 13th co ones can really do that). i keep my space wolf HQ's (which are generally better on combat) surrounded by a squad at all times. but regular marines can't tool a combat squad for the same cost i can...so if i were you, i'd be shifting the focus of my army

as for the most effective solitary combat HQ you can get...well, terminator honours, jump-pack and lightning claws, and maybe an iron halo. but even then, you're getting raped for points. of course, if you drop the jump-pack and make your enemy come to you, you can get somewhere. and lose the GK-GM for sure (but then again, i've aready said that)

tho you can probably get away with the inquisitor and his servitor. he's good and cheap, so i'd keep that if you want firepower

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Closed Thread