Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HQ Terminator command Squad
Closed Thread
Old 29 Dec 2005, 02:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default HQ Terminator command Squad

With the HQ terminator Command Squads is it possible to arm them with lightening claws as this fits in perfectly to my armies theme. If not can you attach a armies commander to a Terminator Assualt Squad so i can get around this whole thing and fit it all in with my army.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 02:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: HQ Terminator command Squad

Quote:
With the HQ terminator Command Squads is it possible to arm them with lightening claws as this fits in perfectly to my armies theme.
No, if it doesn't say you can then you can't.

Quote:
If not can you attach a armies commander to a Terminator Assualt Squad so i can get around this whole thing and fit it all in with my army.
Well, obviously yes - an Independant Character can join whoever he likes.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 02:55   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

dweet. thanks for the info
Old 29 Dec 2005, 07:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

But remember___while in reserves, ICs can't be attached to another squads, so they're Deep-Struck separately. Only if you buy a Termie Com squad retinue to a HQ can they all be Deep-Struck together (as in this case, they count as being a single and same squad).
Old 29 Dec 2005, 13:06   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matex
With the HQ terminator Command Squads is it possible to arm them with lightening claws as this fits in perfectly to my armies theme. If not can you attach a armies commander to a Terminator Assualt Squad so i can get around this whole thing and fit it all in with my army.
1) No

2) Yes but you can't deepstrike together or enter on the same transport.

Old 29 Dec 2005, 14:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
No, they cannot deepstrike together, but yes, they can use the same transport - the IC joins the Terminator Squad and can mount up in whatever they please (ok, so they can mount up in a Land Raider Crusader - only one big enough.)
Old 29 Dec 2005, 14:59   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra-Tuisich'Novae
Quote:
No, they cannot deepstrike together, but yes, they can use the same transport - the IC joins the Terminator Squad and can mount up in whatever they please (ok, so they can mount up in a Land Raider Crusader - only one big enough.)
Sometimes i wonder if what I write is the same as what people read. :-(

They cannot ENTER ON the same transport for the same reason as they cannot deepstrike together. Dra-Tuisich, you are talking about something completely different (entering IN a transport once already on-table).
Old 29 Dec 2005, 19:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedragon
Sometimes i wonder if what I write is the same as what people read. :-(

They cannot ENTER ON the same transport for the same reason as they cannot deepstrike together. Dra-Tuisich, you are talking about something completely different (entering IN a transport once already on-table).
The IC deploys separately from the unit and their transport unless they are a command unit (in which case they are "fused" together ). This means that they come on at different times during deployment.

You can, however, attach your IC to a unit that's currently in their transportand already deployed on the table, and so the IC would be in the transport as well. If the LRC and it's travelling terminators are on the board when your Chaplain is ready to be deployed, for instance, you may attach him to the terminator squad, and start him in the LRC.

For reserves, though, they would have to come on separately (as they are even rolled for separately). This includes deep strike, escallation, etc...
Old 29 Dec 2005, 19:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

As far as I know that is absolutely not true. An IC can attatch to a unit in deployment or in reserves whether they be in a transport or not.

The justification I notice for this is that when talking about special rules and IC infiltrating is mentioned. Now the only time that would come up is if an IC could join the unit before deployment and hence before infiltration. As it is directly mentioned that a none infiltrating IC would negate that special rule.

Ive never read anywhere in the rulebook saying that ICs could not join a unit before or during deployment or while in reserves. If you can prove otherwise please do.

Old 30 Dec 2005, 11:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
As far as I know that is absolutely not true. An IC can attatch to a unit in deployment or in reserves whether they be in a transport or not.

The justification I notice for this is that when talking about special rules and IC infiltrating is mentioned. Now the only time that would come up is if an IC could join the unit before deployment and hence before infiltration. As it is directly mentioned that a none infiltrating IC would negate that special rule.

Ive never read anywhere in the rulebook saying that ICs could not join a unit before or during deployment or while in reserves. If you can prove otherwise please do.

Re-read the deployment rules. It specifically says that units taking up different force allocation slots must be deployed separately (thus an HQ that is not part of a command squad must be deployed separately from a regular unit). It also specifically says that you can attach an IC to a unit that is on the table when deploying it. This means that you cannot deepstrike them together, because you can only attach your IC to a unit once it is on the table, and if you're deepstriking this hasn't happened yet.

It's fine if it's a retinue, as then they are inseparable, but if they are separate units, they must be deployed separately. The deployment rules are fairly clear on this.
Closed Thread