Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

necrons vs blood angels help
Closed Thread
Old 22 Dec 2005, 15:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default necrons vs blood angels help

I'll just say that i posted this thread here (instead of under army lists) because i think it would make a good place to talk about anti blood angels stradegy.

I'll be facing a player soon who plays blood angels. a little help from some locals and a quick look through thier codex has given me a little background to their rules. i play marines all the time, but appearently....these guys are different. im hoping on an 1850 game, so i made this list. what do you think? any help against blood angels is well appreciated.

Deciever

lord, res orb

10 X warriors

10 X Warriors

10 X warriors

10 X warriors

monolith

3 heavy destroyers

5 immortals

10 scarab bases (possibly in two squads of 5)

the Heavy'D are used to pop his rhinos, thus slowing his assaults (footsloggers!!). the immortals lay down the tougher firepower while the warriors hang back at the 9" mark. this prevents him from getting one of those lucky blood rage assault marine assaults on turn one! the scarabs will tie up any unit that gets too close, just long enough for the deciever to get into HtH. also, i through in the deciver because of the death company. i feel that is the only way to deal with a particularly tough assault squad. and the monolith, well thats almost necessary to get me outta CC. any thoughts?
Old 22 Dec 2005, 15:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: necrons vs blood angels help

D'OH! im so sorry! i thought i was posting in the necron threads!!!
Old 22 Dec 2005, 21:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

lol your posting in the enimies forum
Old 22 Dec 2005, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You tie up a lot of points in the deceiver and the monolith... maybe loose one or even both. A Lord with destroyer body and scythe could be quite dangerous in close combat. It would be good to increase the warriors squads a bit. So you wont be outgunned or outmanned in close combat. Use the scarabs in a big squad and use that to tie down the death company. Maybe destroyers would be nice.. to move around and keep some distance. Does he have his death company in a rhino or with jumppacks?
Old 26 Dec 2005, 13:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Does he have his death company in a rhino or with* jumppacks?
jump packs >
Closed Thread