Old 22 Dec 2005, 07:04   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 1521 pts army

HQ

emporers champion
captain w/ power sword, power fist, purity seals

Elites

4 terminators w/ veteran sergeant
dreadnought w/ twin-linked lascannon, heavy flamer, smoke launchers, searchlight
dreadnought w/ smoke launchers

Troops

6 marines ( veteran sergeant w/ stormbolter ) w/ missile launcher, frags
6 marines ( veteran sergeant w/ c c weapon, bolt pistol ) w/ missile launcher, frags
7 scouts ( veteran sergeant w/ chainsword ) w/ frags
rhino w/ hunter-killler missile, pintke-mounted stormbolter

Fast Attack

7 assaults ( veteran sergeant w/ plasma pistol ) w/ 2 plasma pistols
attack bike w/ multi-melta
5 bikes w/ plasma gun

Plas rate this list
Old 22 Dec 2005, 18:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 1521 pts army

Well, for starters I doubt that any opponent will let you be 21 points over the limit, so you're going to have to adjust that. And if this is a BT list, there are no Purity Seals for HQs anymore. And if it's not, then you can't have ECs.

HQ:
I wouldn't recommend giving the Captain both a Power Sword and a Power Fist, since he can only use one at a time and Power Fists negate his high initiative. Remove one and replace it with a BP.

Elites:
Just from looking at Elites, I can tell this is a powergaming list. Terminators AND 2 Dreadnaughts its 1500? WAY too much of an over kill IMO. And remove the Heavy Flamer from the Lascannon Dread and give him a Missile Launcher to maximize his Tank Hunting abilities. Another thing I highly recommend is adding Extra Armour to ALL your vehicles, its saved my ass so many times I've lost count.

Troops:
Much, much too low in numbers, and which squad is the Rhino (which is a bit of a waste since there are only 6 man squads) transporting? From the looks of those Tactical squads, remove the frag grenades since they shouldn't be assaulting any time soon.

Fast Attack:
Never really tried Assault Squads (being a SW player), but Bikes do not live very long to be of any use, I would replace them with something else.

Overall the list needs some work, with only 31 guys total that aren't mounted! I take that many in Troops alone in 1500! Most other lists will just each these guys up, since they don't really have the numbers to take casualties or dish them out.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 23 Dec 2005, 06:59   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I am going to be some devastators to replace my bike squadron (not attack bike) and close combat terminators to replace my worse dreadnought.

Then I will remove the missile launchers from the tacticals and get some snipers and a heavy bolter for my socuts.

Then my army will be able to assault more rapidly. ;D

The devastators will do their anti-vehicle job and the scouts will help in taking out some infantry so there is less to deal with at enemy lines. ^-^
Old 23 Dec 2005, 09:28   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

firstly take off your weaker dreadnought because he can do very little for you then add a couple more terminators or something than take the power sword off the commander and add a gun and your army should steadly improve
Old 23 Dec 2005, 09:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Dragon...you seem to be 21 points over the 1500 limit.
Old 23 Dec 2005, 18:05   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I have already said that I am replacing my weak dreadnought and adding more terminators. I will also get rid of a couple of scouts or something to even the points cost.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 14:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Also...attack bikes come with a 2-bike minimum now. The only legal way to take just one is to attach it to the squadron of normal bikes...but I see you're getting rid of those...perhaps some of the points saved from dumping the normal bikes could be used to get another attack bike? Otherwise, you'll have to drop the attack bike, as it can't be alone.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 25 Dec 2005, 18:22   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I wouldn't mind getting two more attack bikes 8)

Should I give one a multi-melta and the other a heavy bolter ??? That way I have more anti-tank firepower ;D
Closed Thread