Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best army list?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Dec 2005, 18:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Best army list?

For all you scar veterans out there, I want you to reply with the best 1,500pts army list you can make from what will be below. I will test them all out against a chaos marine force and post back to tell you who had the best list.

Please note that every model has its normal wargear unless I have written otherwise.

Here it goes..... ^-^

HQ

emporers champion
captain w/ power fist, power sword
chaplain w/ bike

Elites

4 terminators - veteran sergeant w/ power sword.
dreadnought w/ twin-linked lascannon, heavy flamer, smoke launchers, searchlight
dreadnought w/ smoke launchers

Troops

30+tactical marines - veteran sergeant w/ close combat weapon and stormbolter and two more with chainswords and blot pistols - 2 missile launchers, 2 flamers, meltagun
12 scouts - 2 veteran scout sergeants w/ chainswords
rhino w/ hunter killer missile, pintle-mounted stormbolter
rhino w/ smoke launchers, pintle-mounted stormbolter

Fast Attack

14 assault marines - 2 veteran sergeants w/ plasma pistols
8 bikes - plasma gun
attack bike - multi melta

Heavy Support

vindicator w/ pintle-mounted stormbolter, smoke launchers, dozer blade
predator destructor w/ pintle-mounted stormbolter

Try your best and hope you win!

Tell me the tactic you'd like to use aswell.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 21:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander
Default Re: Best army list?

Lol. This won't do! This doesn't say anything, except which list YOUR best at using. We each have our own tactics, and ways of dealing with an army. Also, one army might be good against a chaos army list, while others are better at, say orks. Just becuase one lost to a certain army doesn't mean it might cream a another army better than the original "better" army.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 16 Dec 2005, 10:43   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR
Lol. This won't do! This doesn't say anything, except which list YOUR best at using. We each have our own tactics, and ways of dealing with an army. Also, one army might be good against a chaos army list, while others are better at, say orks. Just becuase one lost to a certain army doesn't mean it might cream a another army better than the original "better" army.
He's right, we can't make a list for you and it be a good army, it might not suit your tactics at all. If we had your tactics then we might be able to produce a suitable list, but without them we can't really do much, it'd be like trying to find our way in the dark.

PS: In future please refrain from saying "best", there's no such thing as the "best" army or the "best" list.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 04:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There is, provided that you qualify what 'best' means.

Eg - 'best' as in 'most powerful vs [insert army here]', or 'most powerful vs all comers', or as in 'most fun', or as in 'coolest', or 'most fluffy'...

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 17 Dec 2005, 05:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Hmm, we have taught you all well I see. ;D

Your right though. There really is no best list any more thant here is a best army. Even if it's your best It's not going to work as well for someone else. it even ddepends on who you normally play and what thier tactics are.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 12:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

yep, its been said before and i'll say it again...no such thing as a best list. i have my favourite 1500 point space wolf list that i'm willing to bet would be useless in the hands of someone who's not like me. not only do you require the player to have a god grasp of the space wolf codex, but they also need to have been conditioned to play with my list for a while, to know how to get the most out of it, as well as being able to think like me (army lists are, to an extent, a reflection of the mind of the player. my army is mobile, short ranged and contains a very powerful assault element. if you have a more patient mind in control of my army, it won't work, as i doubt you'll acheive combat in time). army lists are a lot more than numbers and movements. they're a knowledge of the units in the army, what tactics they can echeive when combined, the basic rules for the codex and the best way to play the list

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 19 Dec 2005, 18:23   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

how about the army most suited to fighting Chaos Marines instead ???

the army isn't for me i just thought it would be cool to see who came up with the most correct list. :'(
Old 20 Dec 2005, 02:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Most Correct or Best list, doesn't matter. I'd point you to the stickies and the thread entitled 'For those posting a list' for a more detailed explination of what we mean. Alot depend on the player as to weither a list will be any good or not.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 08:00   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon warrior
how about the army most suited to fighting Chaos Marines instead ???
You need to be more specific. What kind of Chaos Marines? What tactics does the Chaos player use?
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 16:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon warrior

HQ

emporers champion
captain w/ power fist, power sword
chaplain w/ bike

Elites

4 terminators - veteran sergeant w/ power sword.
dreadnought w/ twin-linked lascannon, heavy flamer, smoke launchers, searchlight
dreadnought w/ smoke launchers

Troops

30+tactical marines - veteran sergeant w/ close combat weapon and stormbolter and two more with chainswords and blot pistols - 2 missile launchers, 2 flamers, meltagun
12 scouts - 2 veteran scout sergeants w/ chainswords
rhino w/ hunter killer missile, pintle-mounted stormbolter
rhino w/ smoke launchers, pintle-mounted stormbolter

Fast Attack

14 assault marines - 2 veteran sergeants w/ plasma pistols
8 bikes - plasma gun
attack bike - multi melta

Heavy Support
vindicator w/ pintle-mounted stormbolter, smoke launchers, dozer blade
predator destructor w/ pintle-mounted stormbolter

It looks like you bought an army, with the troops already to go? Well no matter there really is no correct list. If you or this other person is new, I would recommend starting off with a smaller list say 750 to 1000. Something with no Bikes and no terminators until this person has a feel for the game. Terminators are expensive unit, they can easily be used wrong and cost you the game also smaller games give you a better idea with what works on a unit and what does not. Like with assaulting what works better a plasmagun or meltagun.

And to put it bluntly, we here on this board will help you, we won't do the work for you.

HQ

Troops in rhino
Troops in rhino

Dred
predator

Now you can go for stand and shoot or assault type army. I have been playing alot of games with my Wolves lately and they are very durable, except against special units.

Good luck
WT

Do a search on Bloodiedfangs and Wolf-Tau, we both have our army lists on here somewhere. I know I have one for 750 and 1000 and 2500. I think Bfangs is for 1500 or somewhere around there.
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Closed Thread