Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Damocles Crusade
Closed Thread
Old 15 Dec 2005, 18:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Damocles Crusade

I'm in need of fluff for my DIY SM Chapter. I have a few Tau bits left over and want to use them on my Marines as Trophies ... so i got the idea that the company my force stems from participated in the Damocles crusade. Is there a definite list of SM Chapters who participated in the Damocles crusade or does it say "Chapter X, Y and Z together with a few others" - if the last is true , my chapter would be part of the "few others" ;D.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 18:28   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Damocles Crusade

The participants are not listed. All we know is that the total number of Marines was around 500.

Remember that there is nothing stopping you saying the Chapter attacked the Empire after Damocles. The Templars have got a big Crusade in the area, after all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Dec 2005, 21:05   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ah thanks.

I made/painted a nice Company banner for my force with a tau-ish motive on it. I thought only an important event would justify a fairly new banner ... and to get the poo beaten out of the crusade you participated in could be exactly that.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 21:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

While "a dozen" chapters were involved, the only named chapters I can find in the Codecies (Tau and Marines) are Ultramarines, Scythes of the Emperor, and Iron Hands.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 21:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

They did not get the 'poo' kicked out of them, they had A Hive Fleet to deal with. And they said that they would come back for the Tau one day.

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 15 Dec 2005, 21:31   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah i know but they suffered severe enough losses to start to withdraw their forces form Da'lyth even before they got the message from Kryptman. And those losses are exactly what i need for fluff ... there had to be chapters which lost more Marines than other chapters - and my DIY chapter was among those who lost most of their marines. Enough to make a great fuss about it and create a nice new "Anti-Tau"-Companybanner.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 21:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Yea all it says is this: "The third was a detachment of crusading Space Marines consisting of brethren from the Iron Hands, the Ultramarines and the Scythes of the Emperor."

But if you like just place your chapters homeworld near the damocles gulf. Even if they did not participate in the Damocles crusade other conflicts have certainly occured. The Ultramarines and Raptors again in the events of Firewarrior.

Old 15 Dec 2005, 22:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

Your chapter can be a gate from the Tau advanceding anymore into Imperial Space.

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Closed Thread