Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crimson Sythes Army fluff and army list (1000)
Closed Thread
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Crimson Sythes Army fluff and army list (1000)

I am starting a close-combat themed army after finishing a 1000pt. tau hunter cadre called the Phoenix warriors. I am building this army more for converting units that i think look cool and for fluff. I will put together a larger database of fluff soon but for now the basic fluff is this:

The crimson scythes were driven from their homeworld Cerulean V. Cerulean V is a mainly urban world with many major cities. The only rural areas are soaring peaks and the freezing tundra of the north. The crimson scythes were driven from their homeworld by tyranids (splinter fleet ). They now operate from a tyranid hive ship that they captured in the final battle of the defence of their planet. Most of the chapter survived but they had to abandon most of their vehicles as they were either destroyed in the invasion of the tyranids or could not be transported to the hive ship in time. They flew the ship to the very edge of imperial controlled space (right next to/ in chaos space). Over time they rebuilt the hive ship to be an imperial warship with a hive ship frame (marines shouldn't be able to/cant operat tyranid navigational systems as far as i can tell). They are very skilled at close/urban combat because of the destruction of their homeworld and they have a bitter hatred for tyranids (more so than every other chapter ;D). They are a notable divergence- TYBB (true-grit and counterattack- makes them monsters in combat) and see but done be seen (infiltrate- all the closer to the enemy for close combat) the major drawback is Flesh over steel (many of the chapters vehicles were destroyed or left in the invasion and escape)...

The armor will be scab red and red gore, the shoulder pads will be bleached bone with black trim, they will have a scythes design on their shoulder pad and i will sand off the imperial eagles and replace them with plasticard (two layers thick) scythes design (the same one as on the shoulder pads). The eyes will be snot green, the pwr weapons will be dark angels green/snot green/skull white. that's the colors and they will have scythes and swords as close combat weapons.

Heres the army list:80
Captain:
-plasma pistol
-pwr weapon
(he joins command squad)
Command Squad:145
-apothecary
-champion
-standard bearer

Termies x5:220
-assault cannon

Marines x10:241
-plasma gun
-true grit
-infiltrate
vet. sarge- termie honors, pwr weapon

Marines x10:241
-plasma gun
vet. sarge- termie honors, pwr weapon

Dev squad x5:115
-missile launcher x2

pleas read and comment i could use some more converting ideas if you any hit you while you are reading!

~Anti11es ;D
Old 14 Dec 2005, 20:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Crimson Sythes Army fluff and army list (1000)

ummmmm why is this list exactly the same as your blood raven list?
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 02:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ummmmmmmm... its not, i have lost the bikes and chaplain and assault squad added a commander and a command squad added marines (normal tac) in fact none of the units are the same even if the difference is small on some (the termie squad) if you read carefully they are quite different and even so here i posted my finalized idea w/o point costs on every thing and fluff and converting ideas i had! im sorry if you feel i double posted the same list but i assure you i did not
Old 15 Dec 2005, 20:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

I thourght that was cool till I got to the traits & colour sceam.
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Closed Thread