Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Command Squads! How to equip?
Closed Thread
Old 13 Dec 2005, 19:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Command Squads! How to equip?

Well, right now, seeing as it is just before Christmas, have a Command Squad about to be ousted by teh new BT boxed set.

A question: How should I most effectively equip this squad?

Most of teh time, this squad will be in a transport, either a Rhino, or a LR. I have a Land Raider Crusader that I use very effectively with a maxed out Crusader squad with Neophytes that is my main assault force. I usaully send both squads in, and tehn Deep Strkie my Termie Assault squad in next to tehm. It always works, but I am looking to increase effectiveness with my new outfit. On top of that, my squad now is a bit unfair to my Tau opponent [or so he claims]

What I have now:

Commander: Power Fist, bolt pistol, purity seals [free], Termie Honors
Techmarine: Crazy Adeptus Mechanicus Axe, bolt pistol, purity seals [free]
Standard Bearer: Standard, bolter, purity seals
Space Marine: Bolter
Space Marine: Melta-gun
Vet. Sarge: Master Crafter Plasma Pistol, CCW, Purity Seals [free]

I was thinking:

Commander: Master crafted plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Purity Seals [free], Termie Honors
Techmarine: See above
Standar Bearer: Standard, Power Sword
Space Marine: Melta gun
" " : Melta gun
Vet Sarge: Power fist, storm bolter, Termie Honors, Purity Seals [free]

They will be in the same transport situation.

Some help please! Thanks!

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Command Squads! How to equip?

How many times will you fire you're guns before closecombat?

I would lose the stormbolter on the vet for a normal boltpistol, the same with the plasma pistol for the boss. You will get another marine for the same points which gives you more staying power and you already have a couple of meltaguns to kill of some stuff before the charge. You could also consider the flamer.. it's a chance to kill lot's of infantry before the charge it the dice god's are willing.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, I'd rather not contend with the dice gods, because I am not usaully blessed with their favor, and I would rather not take a chance.

I like Plasma because it intstant kills guardsmen, Tau, Eldar, and others, and they are my main enemys. A flamer could wipe out a few of those weaker troops.

I liked the Storm Bolter because it gave me a chance to get some serious firepower down, and then charge.
I will usaully disembark, shoot, then charge, unless I disembark, move, shoot, then move, shoot, charge.
I would rather not include more Space Marines, but having 7 will further increase my chance of survival.
Compared to what I normally face, however, this squad will probably the strongest on teh table.

Thanks!

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 21 Dec 2005, 00:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

What points total for the army are you looking at?

A MC plasma pistol is a lot of points for something that could kill your commander. If you *really* want it, why not give the command squad an apothecary too?
Is he a Castellan or a Marshall?

give the vet sgt a bolt pistol- extra powerfist attack per turn

two meltas is my favourite choice for command squads

the standard bearer can't have a powersword unless the whole squad has terminator honours (which is a waste of points)- so get a fighting company champion (as well, if you want the standard too) for the power weapon.

I'd put more basic marines in the squad too.

If you have the points, why not give them furious charge? make the most of the charge from the Crusader.

Are you definitely going with the Techmarine? Bearing in mind that if this unit has to start in reserve (Escalation), then he will be seperated.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Closed Thread