Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Ravens 1000pt. list
Closed Thread
Old 13 Dec 2005, 15:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Blood Ravens 1000pt. list

Hey i am new but have been reading posts from this forum for a long time. i play tau and have 1000 pts. but am ready for some close combat so i am starting a mainly fluff based blood raven army the whole army will be geared towards assault and urban warfare. I am looking to do a 1000 pt list that looks somehting like this:

Chaplain: Master of Sancity 135
-termie honors 15
-jump pack 20

Termies: x5 240
- assault cannon upgrade x2 40

Marines: x10 200
Sarge- bolt pistol+close combat (free)
-true grit (whole squad) 30
-missle launcher 10
-plasma 10
- rhino 50

Marines: x1 200
Sarge- bolt pistol+close combat (free)
-true grit (whole squad) 30
-missle launcher 10
-plasma 10

Bikes x3 96

Assalt Squad x5 121
-plasma pistol
-flamer

and that leaves me with 8 pts to spare which i will find a place for... this army is going to be converted into a close combat specailist army and is more for looks than gaming but i really want to keep termies and the assault squad ill post pics when im done

~Anti11es ;D
Old 13 Dec 2005, 16:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Blood Ravens 1000pt. list

Looks like a fairly solid list. The only problem I see is the bikes. Bikes are not really effective until they are at full strength, or have some sort of special weapon or even an Attack Bike. For three bikes, you could easily beef up your assault squad, or even invest in some scouts! If you want an Army that specializes in Urban Warfare and Assault, it would probably be best to give your units "Take the Fight to Them" rather then "TYBB". This saves you an additional 60pts that you could then use to beef up your other sqauds. Take out your bikes, and thats 156pts additional points you could use else where! Think of the possibilities!

I play 1000pt games as well, as I find it more challenging. In these smaller point games, you want to make every point count, so you really have to think about what you want to do with your army, then use your point accordingly and wisely.

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I don't think the missile launchers really fit in to the tactical squads. Maybe you should make the tactical squads of 8 men instead and include a devastator squad with two missilelaunchers for fire support. You need too free some more point's for this as well. It may be worth it to get at least the squad in the rhino a vet seargent with powerfist or at least a powerwepon as they may end up in close combat. Also consider the meltagun and flamer for close fighting roles.

I would loose the bikes for above options and more infantry. The bikes are to easy to kill.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanx for the help... Ender: i only took the bikes because they come in the battleforce (im gettin the battleforce, a chaplain, and a tac squad i think) they really should go but i was thinking that they would rush up and keep things in assault (i will be facing tau mainly and they can keep crisis suits busy) so thay may stay.

Pontus: the pwr weapons are a great idea it really fits the fluff thanx for that tip and i dont think i will be buying a dev squad soon so ill keep the missle launchers and i will prob keep them also i really like plasma guns so those will stay despite the tactical aplication they are descent in assault though ill post a revised list soon
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Oh.. I didn't think you where going to buy a devastator squad. But if you use the actual models with missile launchers you already have and some more marines from the other squads you could do it anyway. Will be more effective.

-edit- spell cheked
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

oh that is a really good idea that way i save money (yay) ;D ;D ;D that would be great- that would mean cover fire with two slightly smaller squads rushing in for assault which is a great tactic!

~Anti11es ;D
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

After some very helpful advice here goes:
Revised list:

Chaplain: Master of Sancity 135
-termie honors 15
-jump pack 20

Termies: x5 240
- assault cannon upgrade x2 40

Marines: x8 229
vet. sarge- termie honors, pwr weapon 25 bolt pistol+close combat (free)
-true grit (whole squad) 24
-plasma 10
- rhino 50

Marines: x8 179
vet. sarge- termie honors, pwr weapon 25 bolt pistol+close combat (free)
-true grit (whole squad) 24
-missle launcher 10
-plasma 10

Dev squad x5 125
-missle launcher x2 20
-lascannon x2 30

Assalt Squad x5 121
-plasma pistol
-flamer

so this is the new list feel free to pick apart another suggestion was to buy the megaforce a chaplain and another tac squad pls comment
Old 14 Dec 2005, 20:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think it looks good. A good start. You should edit away the invidiual points in youre post though. Because of copyright you now.

I think you have to pay for a boltpistol for youre chaplain aswell. Gives him an extra attack you now. Otherwise he only has one weapon.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 23:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I would always take powerfists on vet sgts. always.
you need a bolt pistol on your chaplain. but he doesn't need to be a Master of Sanctity in 1000pts, so make him a Reclusiarch.

terminators are really not a good idea in 1000pts. I'd drop them for more marines in the assault and devastator squads, and a powerfist vet sgt in the assault squad.

I'd have two flamers in the assault squad too, they kill more enemies and less of your own guys...

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Closed Thread