Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I hate Eldar
Old 11 Dec 2005, 23:02   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default I hate Eldar

It might be that he just has better tactics, but when ever I play against my friend who has an Eldar army, he always takes out my Predator w/ his Wraith Lord and Falcon. He also has 16 guardians, 10 striking scorpians, 5 dark reapers I think is what they're called, Farseer and a Vyper.

I have a normal Space Wolf battleforce, along w/ a predator, Rune Priest in Terminator Armour and Ulrik.
I am getting a Drednought w/ an assualt cannon soon.

Any help w/ strategies would be very helpful.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 07:46   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: I hate Eldar

We need more info than that.

How does he deploy them? How do you deploy? What scenario are you playing? What is his list? What is your list?

Tell us everything, and we can tell you where you are going wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2005, 09:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Or...it could just be that the "ideal" eldar army will thrash the "ideal" space marine army ;D And I say that as a Dark Angels player who regularly pounds less-than-ideal eldar armies (two wraithlords and an Avatar? light snack!).

But, wargamer is right, listing the two units that he uses to pound your tank doesn't give us enough information. But I remember from your other thread (two separate threads on the same topic started by the same person at the same time is a no-no, by the way) that you have virtually no anti-tank weapons other than the predator....which is exactly why he targets it. Once it's gone, he's home free and can pound you into oblivion with impunity. Getting the dreadnaught is a step in the right direction. But decide whether it is a shooty one or an assaulty one. Don't go mixing twinlinked lascannons with a powerclaw. Either go DCCW and assault cannon, or TLLC and ML.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
march10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2005, 14:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
But decide whether it is a shooty one or an assaulty one.* Don't go mixing twinlinked lascannons with a powerclaw.* Either go DCCW and assault cannon, or TLLC and ML.
I know it is shorter range but Assault Cannon and ML really do go along way for me OR I will use assault cannon/DCCW with a unit walking behind the dread.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2005, 10:14   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
We need more info than that.

How does he deploy them? How do you deploy? What scenario are you playing? What is his list? What is your list?
He's right, we can't help if we don't know what we're trying to help against. I recommend heavy bolters and missile launchers, I also recommend land speeders to try and get behind his lines to reach his seer council if he has 1.

To help more we need more information.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2005, 11:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, apparently, his problems are with the falcon and the wraithlord, not the rest of the army. I have to recommend more cowbell.

Er, I mean, lascannons. Assault cannons (like on the dreadnaught) will do nicely against the falcon, but won't do much to the wraithlord. Also, he faces grey knights...and the massed lascannon fire that is needed to handle the wraithlord and falcon will crush those GK terminators...even GKs in powerarmor are an acceptable target, given how pricey they are.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
march10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2005, 12:14   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
Well, apparently, his problems are with the falcon and the wraithlord, not the rest of the army. I have to recommend more cowbell.

Er, I mean, lascannons. Assault cannons (like on the dreadnaught) will do nicely against the falcon, but won't do much to the wraithlord. Also, he faces grey knights...and the massed lascannon fire that is needed to handle the wraithlord and falcon will crush those GK terminators...even GKs in powerarmor are an acceptable target, given how pricey they are.
On this occasion I agree, if his problems are Grey Knights and wraithlords then lascannons are definitely one of the best ways of dealing with them. However I still recommend the land speeders, give 1 heavy bolter + assault cannon (kills guardians etc. really easily and can seriously hurt light vehicles) and give another multi-melta + heavy flamer (flamer kills guardians really easily again and can hurt rear armour, multi-melta is useful against Marines and obviously against vehicles).
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2005, 23:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Lol, he is talking about me!!!* I think what he needs to learn is that you have to get your troops into battle!!!* Jack you would do so much better if you used your marines w/ cc weapons to charge!* Rip them up the field in your rhino and get them into cc.* Sadly for you I'm getting jetbikes, but I am selling my wraithlord, striking scorpians, dark reapers, and support weapons* :'(.* Luckily I am replacing them with 7 jetbikes a vyper and a waveserpant (flying rhino.) Good advice guys, now shut up, he is my most common opponent, grr

[center] ~Children of the Storm Fluff~[center]
[center] ~Children of the Storm [1750 pts]~[center]
ShadowCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2005, 00:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

things I love in my marine armies:

melta guns
powerfists
missile launchers

lascannons, plasma guns and heavy bolters to a lesser degree.

The top three and lascannons are all very useful for dealing with enemy armour

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
captainwhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2005, 01:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
WATUP JACK!!!
you just need to use your firepower. marines can get equipped with some great heavy stuff, and as SW you can have some awesome CC stuff too. I would suggest getting some wolves and getting a dreadnought or some other heavy vehicle to make your lonely predator not such a big target.

can't wait to beat ya again!
When Chuck Norris has sex with a man, it is not because he is gay, but because he has run out of women.
Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundhouse kick related deaths have increased 13,000 percent.
There are no disabled people. Only people who have met Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris does not have AIDS but he gives it to people anyway.
The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.
On the 7th day, God rested.... Chuck Norris took over.
The Blue Knight (so ha!) is offline   Reply With Quote