Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Attack Bike Army:
Closed Thread
Old 10 Dec 2005, 23:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Attack Bike Army:

I've made lists for this before, but I thought I'd come back to it using the new Marine Codex.

Here is the start of the fluff on the army if your interested, it explains the choices etc:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=10242.0

[size=16pt]Screaming Cobras 3rd Clan Strike Force[/size]

3 Attack Bikes: 150 Points
Heavy Bolters.

3 Attack Bikes: 150 Points
Heavy Bolters.

3 Attack Bikes: 195 Points
Multi-Meltas.

[size=14pt]Support Squad[/size] - 200 Points
6 Marines: 100 Points
Multi Melta.

Razorback: 100 Points
Twin Linked Lascannon, [Multi Melta if opponent allows FW rules]
Storm Bolter.

[size=14pt]Forward Squad[/size] - 200 Points
5 Marines: 115 Points
Plasma Gun,
Sarg:
Powerfist.

Razorback: 85 Points
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter,
Extra Armour,
Storm Bolter.

Captain Strykarr: 105 Points
Power Weapon,
Plasma Pistol,
Metla Bombs,
Combat Shield.

Total - 1000 Points

What do you think? Any suggestions on the force, keeping in mind that units must be mounted and I want the maximum Attack Bikes. Weapon load outs etc for everything are open to debate.

How do you think it would perform?.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 23:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Attack Bike Army:

against any primarily infantry or light force you would decimate them. however, the low armor of the attack bikes could be destroyed by tau and eldar with little work. the marines are almost uselss, considering that you have 12 (including the captain). I would get some more bikes instead of those marines and ditch the razorbacks too. an entire force of bikes and assault bikes would be incredible, as you could move so much the opponent would have seriously hard times with you.
When Chuck Norris has sex with a man, it is not because he is gay, but because he has run out of women.
Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundhouse kick related deaths have increased 13,000 percent.
There are no disabled people. Only people who have met Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris does not have AIDS but he gives it to people anyway.
The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.
On the 7th day, God rested.... Chuck Norris took over.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 00:26   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Bikes rule! Yuo could use the 'Be Swift As The Wind' trait and have no marines at all. I can dream...
Old 11 Dec 2005, 00:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

'Any suggestions on the force, keeping in mind that units must be mounted and I want the maximum Attack Bikes. '

The fluff is based around a gun-buggy force. So Bikes really aren't an option [perhaps I will make fluff that one of the companies is bike mounted].

'the marines are almost uselss, considering that you have 12 '

The Support Squads main use is to stay out of harms way and pick on enemy tanks, so should stay relatively safe and can then take an objective later in the game etc.

The Forward Squad is there to hit isolated enemy units with close range rapid-fire and to be able to take the charge if the enemy survives.

Old 12 Dec 2005, 01:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, last I checked, Attack bike Armour is 2+, so thats no problem. Plus the +1 T, they are pretty survivable.

It looks like a good list, but would be cool on a fluff and model standpoint. Fact is, you won't win much unless you know what youre doing.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 12 Dec 2005, 01:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

I'd say instead of giving your comander a combat shield, give a group of bikes armed with H bolters multi melta's instead.

You need far more armor penitratan. Your not giving out enough fire to acually kill heavy infantry you need high Ap. insts kill power.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 15:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

'Well, last I checked, Attack bike Armour is 2+, '

It used to be, it isn't anymore. They now just have an extra wound. I much prefered the 2+ save.

4 Multi Meltas and a Lascannon for anti tank, in 1000 points. All of which are pretty mobile. Thats not bad anti-tank I don't think. Plus I have 2 Plasma Guns. HB Attack Bikes that should be able to get round the back of any advancing tank [such as Vindicators, Demolishers, Transports].

Just to make it easy, say 5 Lascannons [as Multi-Meltas are about as good as them]. I'd imagine thats as much as most regular Marine forces pack for anti-tank, no?

Still, I would like more Multi Melta Attack Bikes. My problem is that I can't afford to compramise the anti-infantry Heavy Bolters. I would be in a much worse position against Orks, Nids etc if I was to give more Multi Meltas, than I am against Marines with the amount of Heavy Bolters I have.