Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help with Army List
Closed Thread
Old 10 Dec 2005, 03:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default Help with Army List

I am going to play a campain with some friends and theirs going to be Necrons, Orks, and Eldar. And after each battle we get more points to pick from. So I need help with the first 500 pts battle with orks, heres my army list:

Traits:
See but don't be seen.
Cleanse and Purify.

Flesh over Steel
Die Standing

HQ:

Chaplain Magas Sharpclaw: 120 pts
Combi-Weapon Metlagun
Jump Pack

Troops:

5x Space Marines: 106 pts
2x Flamers
Infiltrate

5x Space Marines: 115 pts
2x Plasma Guns
Infiltrate

Fast Attack:
5x Assault Squad: 145 pts
3x Plasma pistols
1x Power Weapon
1x Terminator Honors

Total: 496 Points

The Ork army list is going to be:

HQ:
Warboss Gaba: 127 pts
Mega Armour
Big Shoota
Power Claw

Troops:

30x Gretchins: 105 pts
1x Slaver
Grabba Stick
Slugga

14x Slugga Boys: 187 pts
1x Nob
3x Big Shootas
Power Claw
Slugga

Fast Attack:

2x War Trucks: 80 pts
2X Twin-Linked Rokkit Luncha.

Total: 499 Points

Thank you.
Shovah

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 10 Dec 2005, 10:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Help with Army List

I like your list...but you realise that the plasma will be overkill against most of the orks and probably the entirety of the elf army, right? Useful against the crons, but meltas would deny WBB...I'd at least change the infiltrating tacticals to meltas, given that they're likely to be on the move anyway, matching their bolter range to the meltas, denying WBB, and functioning as acceptable anti-tank weapons...failing that, you'll have to get some antitank as your very next choice when you go above the 500 point level.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 10 Dec 2005, 18:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default Re: Help with Army List

Thanks.... I will change the Plasma to Melta, and for the Plasma Pistols on the Assault should change to Flamers? I think that next point choice is 750 so I probably get a Pred or a Dread.

2x Melta-Guns
Infiltrate

2x Melta-Guns
Infiltrate

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Closed Thread