Scouts-krak grenades

Bike squadron
Assault squad-2 plasma pistols, meltabomb

Vindicator-dozer blade, smoke launchers
Predator Destructor-pintle-mounted stormbolter

Old 09 Dec 2005, 16:05   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 1500 pts space marine army

post some numbers first. How many men in those tac squads and such. Oh and flamer missile launcher combos are no good. And if you haven't, vet sarges with power weaps.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 02:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratigo
post some numbers first.* How many men in those tac squads and such.* Oh and flamer missile launcher combos are no good.* And if you haven't, vet sarges with power weaps.
Agreed. Except power weapons part.

We can;t help you much from what I can tell, but I can tell the list has no basic strategy, and seems to be a clutter of units. Please tell us what you'd like your list to do. Would you like an Assualt-based list, or a shooty list? A mobile list? Static? Mostly assualt, with some fire support? Give us a direction to go, and we'll be able to help.

And Captains can't have meltaguns. They can however have combi-meltas. But in general these are a waste for Captains, as you want to use them for his Ld bonus. If you want a close combat oriented HQ, then maybe a Chaplain? You have one, but he is ill-equipped.

Please post your army list again saying squad #s, etc., and tell us what tactic you want to use.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 10 Dec 2005, 11:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Also, give the captain a power sword, not a power fist. In close combat, he counts as a separate unit, and an thus be targeted directly. It would be a shame for him to die while wating for his powerfist to strike at initiative 1.

What sponson weapons on the destructor?

Overall, it's a bad list, but without more info, we can't say how bad, or how to fix it.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 10 Dec 2005, 13:56   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

As others have pointed out, you haven't said how many are in squads so i'm going to assume that you have 10 man squads (5 marines with a flamer and missile launcher would be a bit odd).

I use Captains for the LD10 bonus, so never equip them with much. If you want a combat orientated character use Librarians or Chaplains.
I'm all for leaving my Chaplains with their equipment as they are ace. You could give him Artificifer armour for a 2+ invulnerable save.

The dreadnaughts look good, but what role does your techmarine play? I have never used them under the new rules, so can't really comment, but he seems a bit our of place.

I would make your marine squads 5 men, with one special/heavy weapon each. This means you arent using one or the other each turn. I'd drop the grenades (just a personal preference).

The scouts look good, but I'm not a fan of grenades (again, just the way I play).

I only have 3 bikes so have never fielded them, a big unit of bikes backed up by a chaplain looks like a good way to go, post how well it goes in the future.
The assault squad should be good also, backing the bikes up, I like that.

I'm not a fan of the Destructor, and i think it needs lascannons or you may have trouble vs lots of tanks. Nice one on the vindicator too, they rule!
Old 10 Dec 2005, 14:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
I use Captains for the LD10 bonus, so never equip them with much. If you want a combat orientated character use Librarians or Chaplains
Ld9, actually...

Quote:
I'm all for leaving my Chaplains with their equipment as they are ace. You could give him Artificifer armour for a 2+ invulnerable save.
Read the armoury - Rosarius grants a 4+ invulnerable save, and has no influence whatsoever on armour saves...

As to the origional list:
It's a total mess - not only can we not see what squad sizes you're using, it is nothing but an incoherent tangle of units with poorly mixed - or plain useless - upgrades.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 15:32   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The chaplains on a bike so will get 2+ save when he does that boost thing on the first turn? Is that right or am I misssing something?
I always take a master over a captain, the 15 points over to give all your army an extra +1 LD, and him an extra wound to survive seems alright to me. Although in a smaller game then the 15 points could buy an extra marine or so/
Old 10 Dec 2005, 17:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ah, it just twigged my "wtf?" sense when I read your saying that a Captain gave everying Ld10 rather than Ld9.

On the topic of Turbo Boosting, an arti-armoured character would indeed get a 2+ invulnerable save, but it is a tad situational - more of a "point and scoot" maneuver than an infalible (and rediculously difficult to beat) save.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 17:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Hey, I just noticed;this guy is new. Welcome!

Anyway, still waiting.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Closed Thread