Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chapter Master and His Command Squad
Closed Thread
Old 30 Nov 2005, 19:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to AmericanWarMonger
Default Chapter Master and His Command Squad

Last night I was making an army list for sm and I realized how expensive the HQ choice is! Here are one of the many ways you can waste points. Wasn't sure if I should take the Chapter Banner, Iron Halo, Sacred Standard, or the Adamantine Mantle (only can take one of those choices).

HQ

Master or Captain
power weapon power weapon
plas pistol bolt pistol
mantle or halo (none)

Command Squad
Sargent Sargent
honors Apothecary
power fist Standard Bearer
apothecary Champion
Standard 1sm plasma gun
Champion 2xsm
sm plasma gun t honors(Sa,Ap,Ch)
2x sm

These are one of 2 lists I made the first one is the more costly one and the second is my least expansive one.
First List-385/375 pts OUCH! Second List- 336 around 50 pts less. I desperately need help on making a decent HQ but with less points.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 19:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del
Default Re: Chapter Master and His Command Squad

Don't post points costs. Ever. Smited.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 20:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to wind777

Well for a command squad i would just get 6-7 guys. Then have a Champion, Apothecary, and Sergent. Each has termy honours and apothecary get power weapons and Plasma Pistol. The Sergent get power fist. Then give one guy a melta gun or 2 if the squad is 8 or more. This costs about 250 point-300points.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 21:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

you cant give the apothecary both plasma pistol and power weapon because, he has Narthecium/Reductor. It is either one or the other. I don't like the melta gun because, it has 12" range. But it can KO and Wave Serpent in one hit. But my main question is should I take the iron halo, chapter banner, sacred standard, adamantine mantle.
Old 01 Dec 2005, 00:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

iron halo. when in doubt, keep it simple

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 01 Dec 2005, 03:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Its once a turn so i dont think Nethrocane is a weapon its wargear. You can have a PP and a Power Sword. Basically its not a weapon so why cant you have both?
Old 01 Dec 2005, 19:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

its not in wargear selection or any other selection. If you look closly to the model it takes up one hand leaving you free to use the other (in the picture he has chainsword).
Old 01 Dec 2005, 23:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

actually now I'm thinking of either putting a librarian or chaplain in. What do you guys think?
Old 02 Dec 2005, 05:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well first i think you should not double post. Second Chaplen is the way to go because you will have power weapons and fists that you can re role on the charge that you missed. As for librarian the black Templar don't have one. WE hate physics.

I'm looking at the picture right now...
One guy with plasma rifle
One guys with big ass flag - Standard Flag bearer
Sergent with power fist
apothecary with white helm bolt pistol and power fist
Champion

Where is the guy with chainsword?
Old 02 Dec 2005, 07:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, it depends on what you want the leader/squad to do.

Chaplain: give him a close combat optimized squad and send him forth to cut down troops. Give one guy a powerfist, give the rest power weapons, if possible, or pistols and swords, if not.

Librarian: Pack as many powerfists in here as possible, and send them off to do battle with monstrous creatures. When the librarian doesn't kill it outright with his force weapon, any survivors will peel off a wound or two with the fists. Give the librarian two powers, one to cast when not in combat, so the squad does something when not slaying dragons, and one to enhance the combat abilities of the squad.

Captain: take the more expensive one to give the whole army LD 10. Kit him out with stuff like the iron halo and a power sword to keep him alive, but keep the rest of the squad cheap. Better yet, don't give him a command squad, and use his IC status to avoid combat. He exists solely to boost LD...and he can join a squad (devastators?) that looks like it's going to get into some trouble and give them a temporary close combat boost. This is the cheapest option, but it's not an offensive weapon.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread