Land speeder Tornado
Total 80pts

Total Army - 1000pts
Model Count: 31 souls, one Dread and a Landspeeder
HQ - 30.5%
Elites - 10%
Troops - 50.5%
Fast Attack - 8%

Overview: you've got your solid core of LasPlas, with a P/fist sarge squad for a countercharge, a dread to add a 4th Assault Cannon and some more close combat punch, a Landspeeder for harassment and assault cannons to rear armour/troop thinning

I made the terminators a command squad so they could be reliably Deep Striked along with the commander, its a small squad, but it should be fairly ok to keep them from being exposed to too much firepower.

This is an Imperial Fists army (debating wether to take their disadvantage just for funs sake) so the units are really chosen primarity for fluffs sake, the bombardment and storming of a fortification aspect and all.

C&C appreciated, let 'er rip boys (and girls ....... lol )
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 29 Nov 2005, 19:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1000pts [Codex] [Imperial Fists]

Well, seeing as Imperial Fists are a very siege-y army, a Vindicator or a Predator wouldn't go amiss.

Nice list!

Got any models? I wouold love to see pics, after those two you posted that looked great!

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 29 Nov 2005, 20:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Cmdr. Stankov
Well, seeing as Imperial Fists are a very siege-y army, a Vindicator or a Predator wouldn't go amiss.

Nice list!

Got any models? I wouold love to see pics, after those two you posted that looked great!
The origonal list had a Vindicator, but I dont really want to have to paint too much armour in the yellow recepie I use, and the forgeworld model is currently out of my price range, so I dropped it, and a pred, while nice and spangly, being the only real armour in the list, will drop pretty fast.

I've almost got 6 marines done, I'll get pics once they're finished, I also have a JP Librarian in the works (even though I dont plan to use one in my lists , because due to a freind getting engaged I'm too poor to afford Terminators this month :P)
go here
Old 29 Nov 2005, 21:06   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Please remember that the following comments and suggestions are based on how I play Marines, and thus how I would field this list. They are not the be-all and end-all of Imperial Fists, merely a point of view you may not have considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Captain
- Storm Bolter
- Power Weapon
- Terminator Armour
Total 105pts
+4 Terminators
- Assault Cannon
- Assault Cannon
Total 305pts
A very solid HQ. In the 1,000pt range, I have nothing I would add or take away.

Quote:
Elites
Dreadnought
- Extra Armour
Total 110pts
Again, simple yet effective. I have nothing to comment on.

Quote:
Troops
6 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
Total 115pts

6 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
Total 115pts

6 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
Total 115pts
These I do not like. I really do not approve of min-maxing, and these forces are just that. You seem to be using the Marines as cheap firebases, which to be honest, is boring. I would suggest dropping one of these squads, and giving the other two a Rhino each, using the spare points to Extra Armour the tank. This gives increased maneuverability, and increases your potential to redeploy. Never underestimate the Rhino; it is one of the greatest units in the Codex.

Quote:
8 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Veteran Sargeant
- Power Fist
Total 160pts
I doubt that Power Fist will do much good; he's footslogging. Give him one of the aforementioned Rhinos.

Quote:
Fast Attack
Land speeder Tornado
Total 80pts
Always did like Land Speeders. Good luck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 29 Nov 2005, 21:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Quote:
Troops
6 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
Total 115pts

6 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
Total 115pts

6 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
Total 115pts
These I do not like. I really do not approve of min-maxing, and these forces are just that. You seem to be using the Marines as cheap firebases, which to be honest, is boring. I would suggest dropping one of these squads, and giving the other two a Rhino each, using the spare points to Extra Armour the tank. This gives increased maneuverability, and increases your potential to redeploy. Never underestimate the Rhino; it is one of the greatest units in the Codex.

Quote:
8 Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Veteran Sargeant
- Power Fist
Total 160pts
I doubt that Power Fist will do much good; he's footslogging. Give him one of the aforementioned Rhinos.
I hear you, however, IMO Rhino's arent worth 50pts in this list, I have 2 mobile squads already (Deepstrike), and rhino's are rolling death Coffins, AV10, even with smokes is far too risky for me, I'm a humongous fan of AV12 Skimmers, but coffining the emperors finest I am not a fan of.

My marines are exactly as you have said, firebases, pour fire into a breach before storming it is common sense, I'll agree with you that Mr.Fist is a bit on the toddling side, but with a Marine gunline firing at them, the only people that arent coming for combat are Tau, and I know from experience that Lasplas Camping in a good position is one of the most annoying things for any Tau army.

Also, while I dont have any problem at all with Min-maxing I dont see "6Lasplas" as absolute min-maxing, 5Lasplas yes, I would be worried a little about someones motives, but I see no reason to go above 6 men, with odd numbers not being desireable in 4th ed. I'd have to go to 8, and thats 2 marines that are merely meat sheilds for my LasPlas, I already have 4 Ablative wounds (not that the emperors finest would like to be thought of as such ^-^) and Ld9 so I have a good chance of passing all te 25% tests and all 4 need to die before I start worrying about morale
Honestly Other than the usual "Cheese" argument about not being fair I see no reason to increase the size of the unit, not to spark up the old flame here, but I'm not a fan of deliberately hampering myself in a Wargame I intend to win, a good general brings with him the tools to succeed, I dont tarnish my shiny new tools ;D.

and I might consider dropping a Lasplas for A Rhino and Razorback if I thought it would be points effective, a Razorback and Rhino with the automatic Xarmour and Xarmour+Smokes respectively run up at 133pts, that 18 more than a Lasplas, and with nowhere to rip it from as the list is packed in tight I can justify it, and I'd really want to get my Lascannon back by upping the 'Back aswell.

wow ..... that was a bit long, thanks for the advice all, keep it coming.
go here
Old 29 Nov 2005, 22:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, youre motives are clear: win!

I would suggest a Razorback, as it not only provides even MORE lasplas, but gets you a transport of 6, just enough to carry around your favorite squad.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 29 Nov 2005, 23:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Cmdr. Stankov
Well, youre motives are clear: win!

I would suggest a Razorback, as it not only provides even MORE lasplas, but gets you a transport of 6, just enough to carry around your favorite squad.

lol, my motives are to play the wargame, I build my army to the fluff, I paint well, I paint to the fluff, nowhere in the fluff does it say "do not try to win"

We play WAR-games, when you go to war, you try your best to win, you bring your troops and organise them to the bestof your ability to win, yes I try to tweak my list to the utmost to extract the best chance of winning from it, anything less IMO would be a slap in the face of my opponent, I treat him/her (lol ) with honor and respect, I play the game, thats all there is to it.

(ah, a nice rant, havent done that in ages, disregard all of the above unless you feel you have to ^-^)

But you see, if I add a Razorback, I have to drop a LasPlas, thus I loose a Plasma Gun, and have 25pts to get stuff with, I still havent mobilised Mr.Fist, but I have made one of the squads he protects able to run away from his protection, the point escapes me :P

I think the problem is that I cant mobilise Mr.Fist, without dropping a LasPlas, and to do that I loose a lot of firepower, and cant fit the Fist in a Razorback to make up for it.
go here
Old 30 Nov 2005, 00:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
My marines are exactly as you have said, firebases, pour fire into a breach before storming it is common sense, I'll agree with you that Mr.Fist is a bit on the toddling side, but with a Marine gunline firing at them, the only people that arent coming for combat are Tau, and I know from experience that Lasplas Camping in a good position is one of the most annoying things for any Tau army.
Very true. Ive played armies like this before and as a Tau player it is a real pain in the... yea you guessed it.

Looks solid. Though dont underestimate rhinos. They may not be that tough but you never know when a couple will be usefull. The best uses Ive seen for them are as mobile terrain. If they get shot down, well thats just some new terrain. Its especially effective at shielding your troops from a static enemy heavy support unit. Forcing it to move to a new position. You dont nececarily have to use a razorback to try and make up the firepower. Your list has a lot of it already, it really comes down to how you use it.

Old 30 Nov 2005, 01:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Very true. Ive played armies like this before and as a Tau player it is a real pain in the... yea you guessed it.

Looks solid. Though dont underestimate rhinos. They may not be that tough but you never know when a couple will be usefull. The best uses Ive seen for them are as mobile terrain. If they get shot down, well thats just some new terrain. Its especially effective at shielding your troops from a static enemy heavy support unit. Forcing it to move to a new position. You dont nececarily have to use a razorback to try and make up the firepower. Your list has a lot of it already, it really comes down to how you use it.
oh I agree, there is enough Firepower in there already, but I always try to maximise the firepower from my lists, I advocate Devilfishes because their Surviveability and firepower make up for the investment and opportunity cost, as I see it, marines are average speed, but Rhino's dont come with much firepower and are nowhere near as surviveable, they can be used as all the things you suggested, but theyre not quite good enough at it for me

Somewhat related, Jump Pack Librarian can be seen here (not featured in list)
go here
Old 01 Dec 2005, 23:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Bumpage, still looking for advice

and an Update:
Librarian with Paint

P/Fist Sarge Squad
go here
Closed Thread