begginer 500 points
Closed Thread
Old 23 Nov 2005, 09:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default begginer 500 points

hq

Master of sancity = 200
stock gear
crozius arcanum,rasarius(1 handed power wpn 4+invo)
extra gear
relic:adamainte cloack
war gear: termiantor hours, artificer armour
weapons:Thunder hammer

(5 base atacks )

Troops

5 marines = 85
extra gear:Missle launcher

5 marines = 85
extra gear:Missle launcher

5 marines = 81
extra gear:1 x plasma gun 1 x close combat weapon bolt pistol

5 marines = 81
extra gear:1 x plasma gun 1 x close combat weapon bolt pistol

comments please feel free to critisise but please dont be an ...you knwo what i mean i tried to whatch my spelling.

regards [move][shadow=blue,left][glow=red,2,300]jacktherabbit[/glow][/shadow][/move]
Old 23 Nov 2005, 10:40   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: begginer 500 points

For 500pts, your HQ is overkill. I'd suggest a simple, 2-wound Character with minimum wargear (if it's a Chaplain, Termi-Honours and a Bolt Pistol is more than enough).

Second, I'd merge those squads into 10-man teams, each with a missile and plasma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 23 Nov 2005, 11:37   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thnx and abtout the chaplin yer i c but it wood eb awesoem in close combat and also if i make the tacs 2x 10 men then each turn im wasiting a perfectly good roket shot but still thnk u for replying
Old 23 Nov 2005, 18:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktherabbit69
thnx and abtout the chaplin yer i c but it wood eb awesoem in close combat and also if i make the tacs 2x 10 men then each turn im wasiting a perfectly good roket shot but still thnk u for replying

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUHG! My eyes are bleeding after reading that. The mods went to a lot of trouble to put a spellcheck button right next to the preview button, which is right next to the post button. Use it!

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:36   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

can we please get back to the topic if i wanted to fit in a dreadnaught in to that force what would i take out...the chaplain is staying..
Old 25 Nov 2005, 16:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

Those smaller Squads are usless and the Chaplian has way to much for your point amount. How about this list?

HQ: 101
Master of Sanctity
Weapons: Crozius Arcanum(defalt), Bolt Pistol

Elite: 110
Dreadnought
Upgrades: Extra Armor

Troops I: 140
Tatical Squad x 8
Charater: Sgt. w/ Bolt Pistol and CCW

Total Pts: 491
Weapons: Plasma Gun x 1

Troops II: 140
Tatical Squad x 8
Charater: Sgt. w/ Bolt Pistol and CCW
Weapons: Missile Launcher x 1
Old 25 Nov 2005, 17:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

For smaller armies such as this, it would be very "un-fluffy" to play. Let me give you a run down on your list:

Headquarters:
Like every one else stated, tone down your Chaplain a bit. The Thunder Hammer is wasted on him, as he already has a power weapon. To use the Thunder Hammer you would be sacrificing his Initiative. To do so means you strike last, and if your opponent has a simple Power Weapon even on a Vet Sgt or other equivalent, you have one very dead Chaplain on your hands. There fore the Thunder Hammer is wasted on high Initiative Characters, such as the Chaplain. Artificer armour is also a waste for its points. Yes it gives you a 2+ armour save, but as stated, combined with your Thunder Hammer, your Chaplain is as good as dead, and easy VP for you opponents, which is not a good thing! Terminator Honours is alright, you did good there, but again with the Adamantine Cloak. Very bad choice. very bad. These points are a huge point sink in such a small game, and serve no purpose. When are you going to see a Monstrous Creature in 500pts? Its really the only time you need the adamantine cloak. If you play right, you don't even need this. Here is what I would suggest for an army this size:

Chaplain w. Bolt Pistol, Terminator Honours, Crozius Arcanum, and Rosarius.

TROOPS
You didn't do too terrible here, though there is still room for improvement. Again, in smaller games such as the ones you will be playing, I would suggest that you keep only one shooting unit. Give them a Missile Launcher and you should be set. Keep this unit relatively small, around 6 Marines. I would then take 2 assault units. The size should be around the 7-8 mark for such small games, and I would equip them with either the Plasma gun (good choice!) or better yet, a flamer. The Flamer is better then the Plasma Gun IMHO because after you shoot it, you can still charge, and there is a very good chance that the unit shot at will be signifacantly smaller. Again, your Troops are fine as they are, but they could be better.

Now, with the points you save from toneing down your Chaplain and tweaking your Troops a little bit, you may find room for a Dreadnought. Nothing fancy, just give him an Assault Cannon and you should have a very nice list that will be very difficult to beat. I should also mention that you should keep you Chaplain in one of the Assault Units, that way he has that much more wounds in shooting and when in assault, your opponent has to attack either the Chaplain or the unit, but not both.

Keep in mind that its not what you equip your characters with, its how you use them. I have shown you a very low costing Chaplain that will hit hard and fast in assault, and very difficult to take down, keeping in mind the size of the game. As well, smaller games are very hard to play, because you can no longer rely on one unit or model to carry the win for you. You have to use your units sparingly, and in co-oridination. Every unit should have a unit ready to back it up should it need it and vice versa. In small point games, every model counts. Its a game of tactics, unlike the larger games(Though tactics are still needed, just not to such an extent).

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 18:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Everything is already said... :'(

But pretty much what the other said. The Chaplain needs major toning down. Just give him a bolt pistol and termi honrs as Wargamer said, and he'll be set. Here might be a list to try out.

HQ

Master of Sanctity:116
Termi Honors, Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanium

Troops:360

Squad 1:100
6 Marines
Missile Launcher

Squad 2:130
8 marines
Plasma Gun

Squad 2:130
8 marines
Plasma Gun

Total:476

Your chaplain could join up with squad 2 or 3. 2 and 3 can capture objective/infantry hunt while 1 goes after vehicles. If you want a dreadnought, you could modify the list to be;

HQ

Master of Sanctity:116
Termi Honors, Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanium

Elites

Dreadnought:105
Assault Cannon, DCCW w/ Storm Bolter

Troops:260

Squad 1:100
6 Marines
Missile Launcher

Squad 2:160
10 marines
Plasma Gun

Total:481

Just some suggestions. Also, please post any updates you have made.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Closed Thread