Warhammer 40K Forum

Crusade of Vengeance [1,500pt Black Templars]
Closed Thread
Old 17 Nov 2005, 21:12   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Crusade of Vengeance [1,500pt Black Templars]

Captain Cassius, Vengeance 3rd Company:
Captain of the Company of Virtue, Cassius has time and again petitioned for the right to wage holy war against the enemies of mankind. Whenever the call to arms is raised, it is Cassius who is first to answer. Now, the banners of war have unfurled once more, and the Chapter have declared a Holy Crusade to reclaim the realms lost to darkness and strife. Cassius has been chosen, a shining example of His Will, to bring light to the darkness. Blessed be they who follow him, and damned be they he calls foe...
Marshal with Combi Bolter-Grenade Launcher*, Powerfist, Terminator Honours.
130pts.

* The weapon no longer exists, but I don't give a damn. Use the cost of the Combi-Flamer, but it has a one-shot Grenade Launcher loaded with Frag and Krak Grenades.

Xetarin, Champion of Vengeance:
Xeratin's honour roll is long and heavy with praise. Worthy is he of Command, yet he abstained the honour, preferring his humble roll as Battle Brother. Champion of the First Company, Xeratin was made Emperor's Champion following the battle at Degmar Quintus, and in this roll he has answered the call. Sacred armour encases him, and holy blade slays the foe as he follows Cassius to honour or death, whichever awaits them in the stars...
Emperor's Champion.
Uphold the Honour of The Emperor
100pts.

Chaplain Malloc:
Guardian of the Cursed, Malloc guides his Company-Brethren with a caring hand, for he knows too well the daemons within them. Holy rage can slake their madness, the purity of battle calming their tormented souls. Thus he leads them, hoping in futility that faith and duty can save them from the damnation their Gene-Seed flaws promise...
Reclusiarch with Bolt Pistol and Terminator Honours.
111pts.

The Pious:
Battle Brothers brave and true, they showed no hesitation to step forward when Cassius called for warriors. Now steady contemplation is replaced by holy rage, as they teach first hand their 10th Company kinsmen how a Space Marine wages war.
Crusader Squad.
Initiate with Heavy Bolter.
Initiate with Plasma Gun.
8 Initiates with Bolters.
10 Neophytes with Shotguns.
271pts.

The Dutiful:
When the call to arms was given, not only the 3rd did answer it. Warriors from across the Chapter pledged their weapons to the Crusade, wishing to bring righteous hate to the xeno, the heretic, and the traitor. The warriors they lead are those who have been gathered in the wake of the Crusade Fleet, teaching them of the Hulk-Monestary they call home, and the Chapter they now serve.
Crusader Squad.
Initiate with Missile Launcher.
Initiate with Plasma Gun.
8 Initiates with Bolters.
10 Neophytes with Shotguns.
276pts.

The Cursed:
Woe to thee who are Battle Brothers of the Fifth. Cursed are their genes, tainted is their blood. Yet their souls are pure, and demand the chance to bring death to His enemies. We guide them with caring hand, for they will give their enemies no such mercy...
Crusader Squad.
Initiate with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol.
9 Initiates with Bolt Pistol and Close-Combat Weapon.
4 Neophytes with Bolt Pistol and Close-Combat Weapon.
Land Raider Crusader.
475pts.

The Wrathful:
They are the Wings of Vengeance. They roar from the skies, weapons spitting death into the enemy. They strike when the enemy shows their hand, breaking them back with their kinsmen, then joining in the counter-charge across the battlefield.
Assault Squad.
Initiate with Plasma Pistol and close-combat weapon.
5 Initiates with Bolt Pistol and close-combat weapon.
137pts.

Total: 1500pts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Nov 2005, 01:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Crusade of Vengeance [1,500pt Black Templars]

I am trying to work on a 1000 to 1500 list as well. Let me ask you this, Will you have enough against an army with your anti tank stuff?

I was looking at your list, it looks similar to mine but I was not using assault troops. I have a regular squad with Meltgun and Multi-Melta in it. Is that too much?

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 18 Nov 2005, 07:32   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

To be honest, I'm not sure. The army is pretty light on anti-tank, with only two Str 8 weapons. However, I'm confident I can survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Nov 2005, 15:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Two Str 8's should work, since their not in the same squad. Plasma Guns also work okay against light tanks. By the way, awesome backstory.

In his own words, the real reason why Mace Windu's lightsaber is purple:
"Oh sure, they say not to get Mountain Dew on your lightsaber, but they never say what will happen if you do!"
Closed Thread