Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Black Templar assault force (rate it plz)
Closed Thread
Old 14 Nov 2005, 02:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Tau_Killer
Default Black Templar assault force (rate it plz)

HQ-

Emperors champion- Abhor hte witch, destroy the witch

Marshal- artificer armour, bionics, power weapon, storm bolter, TM honours, iron halo

Troop-

Crusader Squad- 10 man- 1 with power weapon and bolt pistol, 8 with CCW's and bolt pistols and 1 with melta gun

Transport-Rihno- Extra armour, HK missile, smoke launchers, PM storm Bolter

Crusader Squad- 90 man- 1 with power fist and bolt pistol, 8 with CCW's and bolt pistols and 1 Melta gun

Crusader Squad- 6 man, 5 with bolters and one with misisle launcher

Crusader Squad- 6 man, 5 with bolters and one with misisle launcher

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader- all the usual (the stuff it already gets)

vindicator- extra armour, pintle mounted storm bolter

thats about 1500pts

Made By Kais, Offical Siggy Maker

Black Templar 5200 points

Orks & Goblin 2300 points points

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

The only good alien is a dead alien
Old 14 Nov 2005, 03:19   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Black Templar assault force (rate it plz)

It looks like a nice list but I have a couple suggestions, the crusader squad with powerfist and plasma rifle is obviously an assault squad, but you have included a rapid fire weapon in there. I would suggest changing that to a melta gun so you can vaporize one model and then still assault and get the most of your powerfist. Also, i suggest taking that crusader as a dedicated transport instead of a heavy support choice so you can set it up AFTER your opponents have place their heavy support. The 10 man squad with the melta gun you might want to remove one man from that squad so you can attach your marshal/emp champ and still ride in the rhino along with them. Otherwise looks like an effective list
Old 14 Nov 2005, 07:42   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Unless there's been some disturbing re-writes of the Codex, the Crusader cannot be a transport, koggol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Nov 2005, 08:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

thx for hte advice, i have changed the plasma to melta, and hte rihno squad aswell. i used this list in a 3 player game, me with 1500pts of SM's, a friend with 1500pts of orks (yes i know this will never happen) Vs 1500 pts of marines. Overall i won because i lost the least marines (bout 4) and i took out some of hte marines b4 the game finished. The one thing that really surprised me was that my LRC was not hurt and it went through 6 turns of sustained fire from a dev squad of 4 lascanons and a pred with nothing but. (we were playing on two boards) another variatant of this that i used this last weekend against the Daemon hunters was:

HQ-

Emperors champion- the usual

Marshal- Artificer armour, iron halo, bionics, power weapon, Storm bolter, Holy orb of Antioch

ELITE-

Dreadnaught Azarial- TL lascannon, missile launcher, extra armour, smoke launchers

Dreadnaught Merious- TL las cannon, flamer, Dread CCW, extra armour, smoke launchers

Troop-

Crusader Squad- 10 man- 1 with power weapon and bolt pistol, 8 with CCW's and bolt pistols and 1 with melta gun
* * * * * * * * * * *Transport-Rihno- Extra armour, HK missile, smoke launchers, PM storm Bolter

Crusader Squad- 6 man- 5 bolters, 1 missile launcher

* * * * * * * * * * *Razorback transport- TL lascannon, extra armour, PM storm bolter, HK missile, smoke launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT-

Vindicator Assault Tank- extra armour, power of the machine spirit, PM storm bolter

Land Raider Crusader- the usual (Power of hte machine spirit and axtra armour)

i did lose but i took his force weapon tooting grand master (combined attacks from hte marshal and EC, a few marines and termies and hi LR)

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

Old 14 Nov 2005, 15:46   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The crusader can be tooken as a dedicated transport with the new codex allowing a black templar army to have up to 14 land raider crusaders! (2 for HQ, 3 for elite, 6 for troops, and then 3 for HS) So it is quite an advantage being able to set it up late in the deployment phase.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 22:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

now that is an awsome rule, i have to remember that for next weekend, but does this apear in writing in the dex and where

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

Old 15 Nov 2005, 03:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Check the Land Raider's entries in the BT codex. There's a heading about transport options.
Closed Thread