Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

space wolves
Closed Thread
Old 06 Nov 2005, 03:47   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default space wolves

I was wondering what I should for starting a space wolves army except for the codex. O0
Old 06 Nov 2005, 03:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Re: space wolves

i don't understand, are you asking what you should start off with in an army? or first unit to buy? well this would be the To Buy order i think:
  • Troop choice
  • Hq choice
  • Troop choice
  • Heavy support choice/Elite choice/Fast Attack choice
  • Your favorite choice
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 06 Nov 2005, 06:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

a box of bloodclaws, a box of grey hunters, a rhino and the latest rune priest model (its easy enough to use as a wolf lord or battle leader instead)

but you really should pick up the codex...

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 06 Nov 2005, 09:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Having fought against space pups on many occasions, I can't recommend those damned scouts enough...the ability to come on as reserves from your opponent's board edge(!!!!) is insanely annoying, and affects an opponent's deployment more than anything else in the world. I'd take them as your second or third troops choice.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 06 Nov 2005, 10:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

they're not a troops choice...so they're only useful once you've got your first 2 troops choices, and your mandatory HQ

plus scouts are potentially dangerous, but not to be relied on

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 06 Nov 2005, 11:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Not a troops choice? Shows what I know about space wolves, huh? Anyway, I fear them more than I do most other SW units...coming on from behind really screws with devastator deployment!

Quote:
Old 07 Nov 2005, 00:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The best thing to get is the battle force if you can. It gives you two troop choices and rhino. It also give you three bikes which can be sold off for other stuff.

WT

if not go with this . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
a box of bloodclaws, a box of grey hunters, a rhino and the latest rune priest model (its easy enough to use as a wolf lord or battle leader instead)
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 08 Nov 2005, 11:50   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I would recommend listening to Bloodied Fangs, he's the expert on Space Wolves. After either getting his recommendations or at least meeting the requirements of the force organization chart then I would recommend a Wolf Lord, another box of blood claws and a squad of scouts.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 19:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to the ginger omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
Having fought against space pups on many occasions, I can't recommend those damned scouts enough...the ability to come on as reserves from your opponent's board edge(!!!!) is insanely annoying, and affects an opponent's deployment more than anything else in the world.* I'd take them as your second or third troops choice.
its beautiful, i came on ripped three squads of fire warrior to shreds and blew up a devil fich, and took out one stealth team bloke ;D

"For the emporor Ragnar?"
"NO, for me"

svene days in sunny june-jamiraqui
jenny was a friend of mine-the killers
wiseman-James Blunt
Feel goon inc.- the gorilaz (who's first albulm was amazing)
Old 12 Nov 2005, 07:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

...see, that's exactly what I'm talking about :P Filthy fethin gutter-runners! But BF's point that they can't be counted on to have that kind of impact all the time is well taken. You don't take 1300 points of other stuff to support 200 points of scouts, after all. I think their biggest impact is what they do to your enemy'd deployment. He's suddenly eyeing his own deploymend zone with suspicion!

Quote:
Closed Thread