Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

question?
Closed Thread
Old 01 Nov 2005, 04:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default question?

just a question guys, if a group of aliens of cultists or something knocked on the imperiums door and asked if they could repent and take up the imperial creed or something would the imperium let them in?
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 01 Nov 2005, 05:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Dalyth Montau
just a question guys, if a group of aliens of cultists or something knocked on the imperiums door and asked if they could repent and take up the imperial creed or something would the imperium let them in?
Nope, a bolter round to the head for each would be their redemption. The only race that might do such a thing would be the Tau... if you could find an eldar door you could ask them too but I doubt it. As for the Imperials there is no penitence for chaos cultists and aliens that involves anything other than death... or perhaps torture then death.

Old 01 Nov 2005, 05:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

It really depends actually. Some alien races are just outright ignored, so a primitive nonhostile xeno species might not be outright exterminated but might is a mighty big word here. As for cultists and traitors... they&#39;d be offered absolution if they could prove they actually wanted it, even then I think a great deal of torture would be involved.

Another factor to consider is what door are they knocking on, Vash is absolutely right, the shoot first dont bother with questions route is typically the route taken when dealing with non-humans and traitors.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what&#39;s left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Old 01 Nov 2005, 07:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Yes, shoot first ask questions later. Well, they might ask if they ment it then let them take the creed, THEN shoot them. If I rember correctly a quick death is what you get if you repent. Long slow and painfull if you don&#39;t unless they are short on time.
Old 01 Nov 2005, 07:18   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Imperium doesn&#39;t seem to have a problem with alien species per say, any more than they would have a problem with horses or dogs. Most planets make some use of native flora and fauna with no apparent problems with the Imperial Creed. It is only when the Imperium encounters a species that can not be dominated that the xenophobia kicks in. It would depend quite a bit on the prior actions of whatever alien species was attempting to surrender.

Traitors can hope for a quick death, which is all the forgiveness they can expect from the Imperium.
Old 01 Nov 2005, 07:22   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Robby

Haha! Or they could send them on a quick mission to go and kill some of the Tyranids or some enemies and if they got killed then thats not there Men Killed! No worries right? lol
Old 01 Nov 2005, 10:21   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby
Haha! Or they could send them on a quick mission to go and kill some of the Tyranids or some enemies and if they got killed then thats not there Men Killed! No worries right? lol
They could but would you want to take the chance with arming a mass of "repenting" traitors?

The quick death option is the only way out in almost every circumstance. Although you have to wonder, would a group of traitors try repenting to the Imperium? They&#39;d know the consequences of turning traitor and being caught.
Oh come on, just because I&#39;m carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn&#39;t mean we still can&#39;t be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I&#39;m minnie, meaning I&#39;m sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don&#39;t get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I&#39;m paranoid doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re not out to catch you.
Old 01 Nov 2005, 15:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

While some branches of the Imperium seem to be more tolerant than others, the majority are agains the Xeno, the mutant, and the witch. While psykers are a required part of the Imperium&#39;s survival (if for nothing else than Warp travel and sustaining the Emperor,) there are more intolerant factions than there are tolerant. Even the Tau, who some Space Marines have reached a "don&#39;t start nothing, won&#39;t be nothing" agreement, are not exactly friends with the Imperium. the IG get a bonus against the Gue&#39;la, and the Black Templars would sooner die than join them.

I doubt any non-humans could ever "join" the Imperium.
Old 03 Nov 2005, 05:51   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Robby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby
They could but would you want to take the chance with arming a mass of "repenting" traitors?

The quick death option is the only way out in almost every circumstance. Although you have to wonder, would a group of traitors try repenting to the Imperium? They&#39;d know the consequences of turning traitor and being caught.
Yea True, But Space Marines should be able to take out some Tyranids pretty easy, especially if there right in the middle of there base!
Old 03 Nov 2005, 10:36   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeple
I doubt any non-humans could ever "join" the Imperium.
As is proven by you sig.

Anyway, anything else you want to ask us Shas?
Oh come on, just because I&#39;m carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn&#39;t mean we still can&#39;t be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I&#39;m minnie, meaning I&#39;m sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don&#39;t get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I&#39;m paranoid doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re not out to catch you.
Closed Thread