Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Marine Equipment
Closed Thread
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Space Marine Equipment

I am still working on the fluff for my home brew chapter, but I've come up with a stumbling block, namly where do SM chapters get there power armour from?
I know some chapters like the Ultramarines can make thier own in forges, as can a few other chapters, but my chapter has no access to a forge capable of making more than the more basic tech (bikes, some weapons) and I am sure that the Adeptus Mechanicus must supply SM chapters in some way, but how I am not sure, would a decimated chapter that still has enough marines to be usefull get supplies to rebuild from the AM?
My chapter fluff revovles around being on the flip side of old greatness, and if anyone can give me some pointers to how I can work in slow expansion without the abuility to make power armour I would be greatfull.
I do plan to raid/hunt chapters that have gone rogue, I already have in my fluff that they captured a Relictors strike cruiser in an ambush that gives them some abuility to move from conflict to conflict. The events that lead to the near destruction of the chapter happened 150 years ago and they are building up there numbers but are limited by equipment more than by personel.

Thanks.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Space Marine Equipment

IIRC, forge worlds supply starting SM chapters with a lot of their gear...i'd say that some SM chapters would never stop being supplied from a forge world, if there was one in a convenient and, above all, safe location nearby

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 11 Nov 2005, 12:04   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
IIRC, forge worlds supply starting SM chapters with a lot of their gear...i'd say that some SM chapters would never stop being supplied from a forge world, if there was one in a convenient and, above all, safe location nearby
This sounds about right to me, maybe they actually come from the forge world supplying them in some cases, who knows?
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 12:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, I'd say once they get their "startup gear" set from a forgeworld, it's mainly up to the techmarines to maintain it, patching together the armor of slain brothers for a scout to step into. I'd guess once every few hundred years, they might go through a proper refit, replacing the worst bits and the ones that were total losses (direct hit from a plasma cannon?)

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread