Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tournament results hexcon 2005
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton
Default Tournament results hexcon 2005

Ok, I have solved my problems making a 2000p list. Cuz I have finally found a Land Raider! (I live in the country, it is hard to find anything from 40k at all)
Can someone please rate this list?

I use the traits No Mercy, No respite and Die standing

Hq
Captain, storm bolter, lighning claw, infiltrate
Command squad 9xmarines, 2xflamers, champion, infiltrate
290p
Hq
Codicier, force sword, psychic hood, veil of time, bolt pistol, infiltrate
Command squad 9xmarines, pl. gun, m.gun, infiltrate
299p
Terminator squad 5xtermies, assault cannon, 2xchainfists
230p
Tac squad 6xmarines, pl.gun, pl.cannon (razorback, tw.l. lascannon, smoke launchers)
213p
Tac squad 10xmarines, term.h., p.fist, f.charge (land raider, smoke launchers, extra armor)
469p
Bike squad 3xregular bikes, 1xattack bike, m.melta, 2xmeltagun.
189p
Assault squad 10xmarines, 2xpl.gun, term h., p.fist, m.bombs, f.charge.
310p

2000p total ;D
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:28   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: My new 2000p tournament army list

Nice list, 62 Marines in 2000pts with 2 fast attack choices and a heavey support choice.

I've never really been a fan of land raiders in any size games but in 2000pts it's quite a useful asset.

I've never really been a fan of assault marines either but that's probably down to the fact that I've never seen them used properly.

I would recommend dropping the codicier's command squad and either boosting the 6 man tactical squad and buying a land speeder or upgrading the codicier to an epistolary, improving the chapter master and getting a land speeder. (As you've no doubt worked out, I like land speeders.)

cLearly the list is built for combat so I would recommend the trait Take the Fight to Them. This allows you to give every normal marine in your army a bolt pistol and cc weapon for free, add this to the infiltrate and the very good sergeant choices and you have a combat army from hell!!
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2005, 15:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

HM...a good idea. I will "take the fight to them"
Then the total traits would be take the fight to them, no mercy no respite, flesh over steel, and die standing.
The tactic I will use is to use the 2 infiltrating command squads to infiltrate on each side of the enemy army, making a corridor
for the vehicles. The fast attack choices are going on flanking missions, and destroying armor. Locking the enemy forces.
Old 01 Nov 2005, 05:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Nice list, I prefer Chappies over Captains but thats just prefrence. Beyond that I'll be fielding a very similar army in the near furute.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Morgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2005, 09:50   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chton
HM...a good idea. I will "take the fight to them"
Then the total traits would be take the fight to them, no mercy no respite, flesh over steel, and die standing.
The tactic I will use is to use the 2 infiltrating command squads to infiltrate on each side of the enemy army, making a corridor
for the vehicles. The fast attack choices are going on flanking missions, and destroying armor. Locking the enemy forces.
Sounds cool, let us know how it works out then we can give you more help (if you need it).
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2005, 15:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok. The tournament on Hexcon 2005 is now over, and I won. ^^
Many good players, and lots of fun.
There were players with eldar, grey knights, dark eldar, chaos and different chapters of marines.
(No necrons shoved up, thank you...)
The list worked just as I hoped it would.

My first opponent was an all out Grey Knight army, with 2 dreads, a landraider crusader with with 6Gk termies+a Grand Master. The rest was all GK troops.
I won first round and sent my librarian command squad and assault marines against both dreads and two gk squads on the left, and the rest of my army to the right against the landraider and remainig gk. Both dreads went up in smoke together with 1 1/2 gk squad, but both my squads got wiped in return (curse power weapons). On the right, all went well my opponents raider disembarked his termies and assaultes after some nogood shooting. 2marines fell, and the combat was over. He could not reach the rest of the squad because of range. My turn was lucky. I put both my flamers over all his termies and scourched 3, my multimelta bike blew up the raider taking another termie in the blast. The 2 remaining termie and grand master got assaulted, one termie fell but I lost 6 marines in return. Force weapon wipeout. I fled, and the master stood in the open. He died in the next round when the lascannon on my razorback punched a hole through his chest. The remaining gk were easy pickings. But it all ended up as a solid victory due to vp for objectives.

In the next round, I faced the imperial guard. My opponent used a leman russ, hellhound, chimera, and basilisk, and troops armed with a huge amount of heavy weapons.The mission was recon. He got first round and blasted the living c**p out of my assault squad with his groundshaker. 7 marines fell, but stood firm. The entire rest of his army opened up on my raider, but no damage was inflicted.
In my turn, I moved everything forward. the chimera exploded together with the chimera. The basilisk got its earthshaker blown off, and a lot of guardsmen got mushed.In my opponents next turn he deep strook some stormtroopers and gave my landraiders hiney a kiss of melta. It got immobilized and my cc marines disembarked, and looked a bit miffed. nothing much happened the rest of the turn, some marines fell, and some guard plasma went a bit hot. My turn. The russ lost his cannons and got stunned. The bike melta team blew up the basilisk, and marines assaulted everywhere. 4 full guard squads fell, and 3 more were consolidated into. His next round was painful. The bike squad got wiped because of servitor and commisar plasma. And a lot of marines fell to power weapon armed commisars and hq.Including my ENTIRE terminator squad! In my next round it all ended. Almost my entire army were now in the guards deployment zone and wiped every trace of their precence. I ended up with 3024 vp.

The third and last battle was against vanilla marines. The winner here would win the tournament due to vp. The most painful battle in all my time as 40k player. I faced 11 plasmacannons, 10 heavy bolters, 10assault termies, a termie librarian, a vindicator and a landraider. The rest war div. marines. I thank the emperor for first turn. Landraider fell to bike melta, vindicator fell to lascannons, my single plasma cannon thook out 3 of my opponents, and 4 termies fell to cc marines.
In his turn evereything went in the way of "Here comes the pain" All my assault marines were plasmabathed, my cc marines were lighningclawed and "powerfisted" (the word powerfisted created a storm of laughter for some reason...). My plasasquad got wiped exept for the plasacannon marine. In my next turn I deep stroke my terminators, and fired assault rouns killing 3 more termies. My single plasacannon killed another 3 plasmacannon armed marines. The rest of my army blasted away every other regular troop marines. Assault phase. Lost a lot of marines, killed a couple of termies and plasacannons. His turn...lost both hq squads exept the librarian alone. lost 3 terminators to plasma. My plasacannon marine must be protected by the emperor. He got shot at by no less than 8 heavy bolters, taking 16 wounds, and making every save. To my opponents great annoyance. Everything went back and forward, I lost almost everything, and so did he. In round 5, all that was still alive on the table was 2 of my terminators, my librarian, my immobilized razorback, my opponents librarian and 3 of his heavybolter marines. First, my opponent assaulted my razorback, laughing very loud... he scored 3 penetrating hits, making it explode 3 times. He went silent really fast when I reminded him that he he had to take a wound on a 4+. And he rolled his save and one wound lost. The heavybolter armed marines tried to flee, but rolled 1 on the difficult terrain test. My turn. The termies rolled 6 on the difficult terrain test, and punched the 3 heavyboltermarines to a pulp. Then, at the end of the game, the battle of the champions. I assaulted his librarian with my librarian in termie armor. I scored one hit, one wound, he scored 2 hits, and one wound too. My librarian died, but in his last moment of living, he thrust the last of his powers through his sword, and smote his enemy.(forceweapons yay). The game was over, only my 2 termies were left on the table. Mine.)

I won the tornament on the total amount of points. The list worked great, thanks for all the help people. A brotherly part of the glory belongs to you.