Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HQ questions
Closed Thread
Old 31 Oct 2005, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default HQ questions

Right now I'm working up a 2000pt army for a Black Templar force. I'm still in the very early stages of develoupment so I can always scrap a list in favour of something else if I feel the change is neccesarry. Anywho my current problem is with HQ set up.

HQ: High Marshal w. Terminator Honors, Plasma Pistol, Power Fist
8 Man Command Squad w. 2 Flamers
**Master of Sanctity w. Terminator Honors and Plasma Pistol
Sergeant w. Terminator Honors, Chain Sword, Bolt Pistol

Emperorís Champion

Total = 512 points

My plan was to toss the Command squad into a Rhino at game start, attach the Champ to a beefy Tactical squad and load them up into another Rhino and charge the Rhino's as close to my enemies lines as possible before they go boom.When I set up the High Marshal's command squad the Chaplain is situated to be a part of it, if thats even legal... However 512 points seems way out there when compared to most HQ's I've seen.

In closing...

Is this simply too heavy handed for my HQ choices?
Is it legal to have the Chaplain as a member of the High Marshal's command squad?
Should I just throw in the towel now and put my few BT's on Ebay now to save us all the pain?

Thanks gents.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Old 31 Oct 2005, 06:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: HQ questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgue

attach the Champ to a beefy Tactical squad
If memory serves me right, the Emperors Champion may never join a squad. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
A horror! HOOORRRROOOOORRRR!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 08:40   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

OK, yes it is a lot of points to spend on your HQ but not too much, it's entirely based on your preferences and what the rest of your army is like.

Don't know about the chaplain and high master thing.

No you shouldn't give up now, play test your army using stand ins as near to BT's as you can get, see how you do and let us know, then we can help you if you weent wrong. Also if yoou didn't go wrong then you'll regret selling your few BT's as you'll want to buy them again.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 13:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The high marshal and the chaplain are separate choices, but IIRC, one can join the other's squad. The question I have is whether or not the EC is an HQ choice. That would make three HQ choices in your army...which I doubt is legal.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:00   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
The high marshal and the chaplain are separate choices, but IIRC, one can join the other's squad. The question I have is whether or not the EC is an HQ choice. That would make three HQ choices in your army...which I doubt is legal.
This is true, but if he puts the marshal and the chaplain in the same command squad then this would be 1 HQ choice making the EC legal regardless of what he is on the FOC.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 16:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
The question I have is whether or not the EC is an HQ choice.
EC must be taken in all BT armies over 750 points, on the bright side he doesnt count against your HQ slots.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Old 31 Oct 2005, 16:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

I don't know how it ias in the new codex, but right now the EC counts as a HQ choice, but doesn't take up an HQ slot.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 17:53   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Robby

Well I play Blood ANgels Which is still space marines so yea ummmm, is The Death Company and the Chaplain an HQ Choice? and also the Honour guard and Commander Dante arent they? Im thinking of getting 2 Death Companys and the Chaplain Eventually Good Idea For my HQ Choice?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

morgue got it for the new BT codex, however, i wouldn't call that a bright side. i'm used to having to take 2 HQ's at anything over 750 pts, and it really ain't as much fun as it sounds a lot of the time (course, for wolves it gets REALLY good when we get over 1500 pts >)

and robby: to ask q's like that, you might wanna start a new thread next time...just to keep the current ones on topic. however, in answer: blood angels only ever get ONE death company. i can't tell you off the top of my head whether or not death company eat up any choice on the force org chart, however, when you get a chaplain, you get some death company with him, and that becomes and HQ. and all further death company join him

i thoroughly suggest you pick up the blood angels codex and give it a thorough read, pitching any question where you're not sure of the answer to us, so we can assist you

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 01 Nov 2005, 01:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
morgue got it for the new BT codex, however, i wouldn't call that a bright side. i'm used to having to take 2 HQ's at anything over 750 pts, and it really ain't as much fun as it sounds a lot of the time (course, for wolves it gets REALLY good when we get over 1500 pts >)
Nod, the points cost on the EC isn't horrible but I'd rather use them to field another squad of marines, dread, or tank. Specially in matches at the 750 point mark, the EC's presense is truely painful.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll play test this out a bit more before deciding what I'm gonna do. Thus far this Command group either does spectacularly or horribly... seems my biggest problem thus far is being able to keep them locked in close combat. For some reason they draw allot of fire the instant they smear those Chap led assault squads in a single turn >
Closed Thread