Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angels Army Help.
Closed Thread
Old 22 Oct 2005, 10:55   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Robby
Default Blood Angels Army Help.

Could someone please help me with some ideas on making a Blood Angels army please? Because Im not sure how the Points work and what your aloud in an army together, like are you aloud the Death Company and Honour Guard in your army? ;D
Old 22 Oct 2005, 11:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to charn
Default Re: Blood Angels Army Help.

Hey,

The first things you should get are the Space Marines codex (if you dont have it), the old Blood angels codex if you can find it and the Blood angels FAQ which can be downloaded at: http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...Dangels%2Dfaq/

Each unit in an army's force list is categorised as either HQ (the command / leadership of the army), Elites (usually stronger, more powerful warriors), Troops (the core warriors that usually make up the bulk of the army), Fast Attack (warriors or vehicles that excel in mobility) or Heavy Support (usually warriors or vehicles with powerful, long range weapons). A standard army must have at least 1 HQ unit and 2 Troops units. After that, it may have an additional 1 HQ choice, 4 Troops choices, 3 Elites, 3 Fast Attack and 3 Heavy Support.

I recommend starting out a Blood angels army with 2 10-man Tactical Squads with a couple of rhinos and a captain with Honour Guard. The tactical squads will use the 2 mandatory troops choices, and the rhinos will allow them to quickly get into close combat as is where Blood angels excel. A veteran sergent (Sergeant with Terminator Honours) with a Power Fist in each of the tactical squads will give them more wounding power against armoured foes. The Honour Guard will use up the mandatory HQ choice and will have alot of mobility with their jump packs. The Death Company is randomly formed at the start of each battle, so it is also handy to have a couple of them. From that point onwards, it is really up to yourself what way your army grows, but I would suggest getting a large Assault squad and either a Dreadnaught or Terminators for some fire support.

Good luck!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 23:17   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Cheers buddy, Ill get the Blood Angels Codex in like 3 days or so because i mgetting $36.00 NZ then after that ill buy 2 assault Squads and 1 terminator squad and maybe a death company and honour guard or somehting Cheers man! Helped alot!
Old 24 Oct 2005, 05:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

try 2 tactical squads, a chaplain and 2 assault marine boxes first...that'll give you the required 2 troops choices (the tactical squads), and one decent sized assault squad...after that, and the codex, you can sort out what you want next (tho death company would also be a good idea)

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 25 Oct 2005, 18:50   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Wicked man, im getting an assault squad today So That should be Cool :P Yea Im thinking of getting 10 Death Company soldiers to accompany The Chaplain, Think thats a good idea?
Old 26 Oct 2005, 03:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

death company are random, so you don't actually get to choose how many you have. however, it might be a good idea to have 10 death company models on standby, for when you do find out how many you'll have

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 26 Oct 2005, 07:27   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yea, today I decided to get a biker and a chaos black undercoat otherwise I woulden't have been able to paint my assualt squad and im gonna put about 4 - 6 bikes in my Army anyway so yea, Also got some glue. :P