Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Does this work as Successor Fluff?
Closed Thread
Old 20 Oct 2005, 17:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Does this work as Successor Fluff?

The 132nd Combat Group “Dark Omen”

The Dark Omen is, or should we say was, an Ultramarine Successor Company with standing orders to push ever forward into the enemy. Because of this mission objective they have abandoned there home world of Tarsis IX and taken to the stars in the battle barge “Divine Fury”, a massive capitol ship designed to transport vast numbers of troops and combat materials across the warp. For over a millennia they waged war on countless worlds bringing the full fury of the Emperor to countless alien and heretical worlds. It has only been in this past decade that they have answered the call of the crusader. Because of this short time frame in which the change has occurred they still field mixed forces of close combat and traditional bolter equipped warriors. Along with that they have yet to assemble a full compliment of Crusader pattern Land Raiders. It is as of yet unknown wether or not the 132nd will remain attached to the Crusader battle group or if they will once again return to there original mission…

Transmission Incoming… Standby
Signal Number: 136:5:8701:338
Authentication: Verified… Inquisitor Jarlax

Classified report your eyes only.

It seems the 132nd has linked in with our forces yet again and plans to make planet fall along with the Black Templars. While I trust there loyalty to the Emperor I still fail to understand why the 132nd refuses to raise our banner as true crusaders or even accept our standard combat doctrine instead relying on there own miss matched weapons load out. As if that wasn’t frustrating enough they have once again refused to fall under the direct command of High Marshal Helbretch instead relying on there own support weapons and nipping at the enemy with there forces alone. I will update you once we make planet fall until then I will continue my duties here aboard Glories Wraith as chief intelligence officer.

Transmission Incoming… Standby
Signal Number: 136:5:8701:338
Authentication: Verified… Inquisitor Jarlax

Classified Report your eyes only.

Our battle group came under fire as the initial wave of drop pods were launched. It seems this Tau (see. Xeno subspecies information article 3641g) world was better prepared than we had expected. The planets orbital defenses managed to force the battle group away after dropping less than 30% of our total forces. For the time being the Admiral has ordered the fleet to pick the defenses apart before allowing more troops planetside. Initial reports from all forces are as expected and the siege of the small continent has begun. The 132nd has requested, and been given, the eastern most assault corridor for the time being they will be the right flank of the invasion force. Which means they will be attacking the fortress city, (we believe it to be this land masses capital) within the week. I will send you updates as they come to me.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Old 21 Oct 2005, 00:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Does this work as Successor Fluff?

Was just looking for a "Yeah that'll do" or a "Nope try it again" ;D I honestly have no idea what people usually write up, bring with them, or make up on the spot for Successor Army usage.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Old 21 Oct 2005, 21:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Looks good to me. Most Players in friendly games often don't look too close at the fluff - unless they are already your friends. Not sure about tourney's haven't played one yet. But I can't see anything here that I would object to as an opponent.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 22:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

If they are joining with the Black Templars and fighting crusades shouldnt they be splintered from the Imperial Fists instead of the Ultramarines?

Old 21 Oct 2005, 23:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawk
Looks good to me.* Most Players in friendly games often don't look too close at the fluff - unless they are already your friends.* Not sure about tourney's haven't played one yet.* But I can't see anything here that I would object to as an opponent.
Thanks much, that was all I was basicly what I was looking to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
If they are joining with the Black Templars and fighting crusades shouldnt they be splintered from the Imperial Fists instead of the Ultramarines?
From my understanding (which isnt much) the Black Templars are a splinter faction of the Imperial Fists already. The reasons I went with Ultramarines is that they are a very generic chapter, so my troops carrying bolters primarily, and using standard squad set up is it a bit more understandable from a fluf perspective.

Feel free to shoot holes in my lines of reason, I'm looking to be tournament legal with this army without having to repaint them or spend a fortune on all new models (adding to the collection is fine replacing it entirely would make me unhappy).
Old 22 Oct 2005, 00:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well see my reasoning is that as descendants from the Imperial Fists the two groups would be more willing to team up and your company would have some of the same motivations as the Black Templars which can explain their current allegience and their zelous crusades. Common ancestry. I dont know how trusting the Black Templars would be of a splinter chapter from the Ultramarines. Different primarch and all.

Old 22 Oct 2005, 00:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
I dont know how trusting the Black Templars would be of a splinter chapter from the Ultramarines. Different primarch and all.
My line of reasoning (until now) has been that the various chapters will work together when in range to do so and when the need arrises. Basicly working like joint opperations forces, the primary reason this never happens is that each chapter is placed so far apart they rarely are able to respond to one and other in time to assist. However I see what you mean about my unit coming from the Imperial Fists, I'll just have to do a bit more reading on them before I can even hope to piece a feasable background together for my army. Thanks again Vash
Old 22 Oct 2005, 00:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

No problem, but look at it this way.

The Black Dragons are seen with suspicion and outright enmity by many space marine chapters and Imperial Organizations, the Space Wolves dont like Dark Angels, the Ultramarines dont like the Raptors, few of them like the Minotaurs, suspicions abound of all the Blood Raven psykers, the Space Marine legions are well aware of each other and though many or most of their operations are done alone sometimes they will encounter other chapters and they do know of at least the other main chapters though there may be a few latter founded ones that slip below the general radar.

Plus there is the simple rivalry between primarchs, perhaps they dont have a problem with the other Space Marine company or even chapter but their primarch might have had a rivalry with the primarch of the other marines. So simply having at least a common Primarch simplifies things and makes them more believable.

Good luck, I hope Ive helped some.

Closed Thread