Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Concerning the future of 40k universe
Closed Thread
Old 12 Oct 2005, 18:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Concerning the future of 40k universe

I feel compelled to start this topic as I've just read the missing primarchs topic.

What do you think will happen next in the 40k universe?

I think the recent developments in 40k have been very minor(Tau, Necrons emerging Eye of Terror campaign etc)
I mean will the Emperor and the remaining primarchs ever recover?
Well that's one thing i would definitely want to see even if it seems a bit far fetched.

Failing to come up with a speculation as of what will happen next then what would you want to see happen?
(Wild ranting permitted)

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"When all else fails, play dead
Old 13 Oct 2005, 17:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Concerning the future of 40k universe

I'd like to see the Necrons invoke to Machine God on Mars, and cause humanity to panic and go on this giant anti-necron campaign. That'd be cool.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 17:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i would really like to see a campaign geared towards the tau expansion,
along with another eldar/imperial alliance to stop the evil blue fiends

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 13 Oct 2005, 23:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

GW isn't going to do anything that will change 40k in any significant way. They've actually killed their best chance of doing it by declaring the Star Child fluff heretical, so now the Emperor can't come back to life, unless they bring it back. Primarchs won't come back until the Emperor does so that won't happen anyway.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:24   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Vimes
GW isn't going to do anything that will change 40k in any significant way. They've actually killed their best chance of doing it by declaring the Star Child fluff heretical, so now the Emperor can't come back to life, unless they bring it back. Primarchs won't come back until the Emperor does so that won't happen anyway.
Yep

changing any of this would change the feel of the gome forever... no way theyre gonna risk that!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:00   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah i guess you guys are kinda right ...I've heard this kind of response from my friends at my gaming club
but don't you think it will eventually make all speculative fluff redundant and the game boring to some degree?
Yes sure there will always be the joy of gaming but what will happen to the purpose behind the bloody wars and daring missions?

Doesn't this mean that the 40k universe is doomed to a repetitive existence?

E.g

Ork waagh, Eldar raid, Chaos incursion, Imperial crusade, Alien expansion,Ork waagh, Eldar raid, Chaos incursion, Imperial crusade, Alien expansion, Ork waagh, Eldar raid, Chaos incursion, Imperial crusade, Alien expansion and so on...

Old 14 Oct 2005, 21:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I feel the same way. I'd like to see temporary buffs/nerfs for armies during a yer-long campaign. For instance, let's say the Necrons are trying to wake the Machine God that the Cult of Mars worships. We could see some bonuses with Tech priests firing at Necron units, and so forth. In July, GW takes the data from all campaign-related games, and if the Necrons are ahead, The SM get a nerf (like +5 points per trooper, because now the armor isn't as easily repaired due to the chaos with the Machine Cultists.) It'd be for "offical games" only, and would only last for the year's campaign.

It's not that I want GW to encourage/discourage any armies, but it would be fun to see a larger storyline that games could participate in, even affect.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 22:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

the universe of 40k is a setting, as opposed to a dynamic, flowing story. sure, it has its histroy, but quite literally, its set in the "present day" of 40k and tomorrow will never come.

and that is why the storyline will never evolve. Its guessed andy chambers left GW because they refused to move the timeline forward...

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Oct 2005, 18:57   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Your ideas Feepl would make for very interesting gameplay and i'll bring it up in my gaming club as an idea for our next campaign.

I have to agree with you Deadnight about the reason for Andy Chambers leaving GW.
It must be very frustrating to work in a place were your subject never evolves...but maybey in the future there might be new management in GW that will see things in a different light. We can always hope.

At least we will still have gameplay to satisfy our blood lust...*Sigh*

Old 15 Oct 2005, 21:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

An interesting idea but it wouldnt work. It would unbalance the game, the winning side would suddenly win even more. Plus mars doesnt produce the SM suits of power armor as far as I know they are ancient, held and maintained by the Space Marines alone. I dont know about the Sisters of Battle though.

Closed Thread