Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Deltaguard Army List
Closed Thread
Old 01 Oct 2005, 20:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander
Default Deltaguard Army List

I was looking over my army list, and decided I wasn't sastified with it. Mainly 2 reasons led to this; One was tactical reasons. Such as retireiving objectives, which wouldn't be good or easy for my shooty army. Second was I'm starting to develop a taste for CC. So I devised a list that has a mix. I put the list up, then I'll explain each part of it.

Deltaguard Army List
Total Pts.:1847

Traits: Honor Your Wargear, Cleanse and Purify

Master Commander:150
Storm Bolter
Powerfist
Terminator Honors
Purity Seals
Iron Halo

Elites:500

Techmarine:75
Tech Servitor

Devastator Squad:260
10 Space Marines (incl. Sgt.)
4 w/ Lascannons
Infiltrate

Dreadnought:165
Lascannon
Missile Launcher
Venerable
Tank Hunter

Troops:622

Tactical Squad:95
6 Space Marines(incl. Sgt.)
Heavy Bolter

Tactical Squad:95
6 Space Marines(incl. Sgt.)
Heavy Bolter

Tactical Squad:220
10 Space Marines(incl. Sgt.)
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

Tactical Squad:212
10 Space Marines(incl. Sgt.)
2 Flamers
Rhino

Fast Attack:240

Land Speeder Squad:240

Land Speeder Tornado:80
Assault Cannon Upgrade

Assault Cannon Upgrade

Assault Cannon Upgrade

Heavy Support:335

Land Raider:250

Whirlwind:85

There ya go.

First off, the commander is meant to join up with one of the rhino squads.

The Devastator Squad is going to either Infiltrate, or hitch a ride in the Land Raider. Using their Multi-meltas, they are supposed to wreck any vehicles giving trouble, and then to move onto heavy infantry squads. The Dread does the same thing. I added the Techmarine last minute to be able to fixe the Landraider, Whirlwind, and Dread. If I decide to, I'll take the Servitor off, and add the Techmarine to the Dev, Squad for some shooting bonus, and then use the Landraider to drive around, getting out to repair vehicles.

2 of the Squads are anti-infantry. They'll just walk, or if the situation arises, hitch a ride in the Landraider. The other two attack the frontlines while the rest of the army is pounding from afar. They are armed with assault weapons so they can shoot and go. The meltaguns can-you guessed-take out heavy infantry and tanks, while the flamers in the other squad will attack infantry. They are increased to 10 men to increase their cc power.

Seems I've finally allowed myself to use Land Speeders. After much thinking, I decided they could provide some much needed anti-infantry support (if you've realised, up until now their's been significant anti-vehicle support), and they can actually keep up with the rhinos, and still fire all of their weapons. The Tornado squad will be able to let loose with a awesome amount of 15 powerful shots. I have no clue why I agrued against these almost a year ago...

The Landraider is very important. Depending on the battle/map/enemy, they will transport various units in the army, and also pump out some fire power while doing it. The Whirlwind is added to provide some long range anti-infantry power.

So their you go. One note I must add is that I am considering taking out the 2 specialty weapons and instead allowing them to take bolt pistols and CCWs to make them better at CC. What's your guys opinion?

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 01 Oct 2005, 23:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Deltaguard Army List

21 shots...sorry. The modify thing isn't working, so I had to post this.

Old 04 Oct 2005, 13:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Deltaguard Army List

No comments...

Closed Thread