Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 pt Blood angels
Closed Thread
Old 28 Sep 2005, 22:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to phish
Default 1500 pt Blood angels

Well, my 1000 pt army is nearly finished so im planning my 1500 pt one. Hows this one. Basically everything has a way of getting into assault fast, i love it! Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Blood Angels 1500

HQ
Chaplain-216
Bolt pistol jump pack
Death Comp. With jump packs

Furioso Dreadnaught-133
w/drop pod
smoke launchers/ex armour

Tac Squad Alpha-175
8 bolters
1 ccw and bolt pistol-termies
1 meltagun

w/rhino-73-x armour-smoke

Tac Squad beta-175
8 bolters
1 meltagun

Scout Squad omega-158
9 ccw and bolt pistol
1 termie sarge with power fist

Fast Attack-260
Assault Squad
7 ccw and bolt pistol
2 plasma pistol and ccw
1 vet sarge with power fist

Heavy Support-130
Predator destructor
Side lascannons
ex armour

baal predator-115
ex-armour

Old 29 Sep 2005, 19:37   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: 1500 pt Blood angels

8 points is a bit much to be over. 1 or 2 isn't bad. I'd drop the plasma pistols from the assault squad. They're really only good for frying yourself. You can only assault what you shoot, and the power fist should do the job. They're only strength 7, so only really reliable against side armor or light tanks. That will leave a couple points to give the chaplain frag grenades.

It looks like a fun list, but rhino rush really doesn't work so well in 40K4. You'll have to be careful with the rhinos or you'll end up with most of your fire base entangled with just a couple lucky shots from your opponent. I like the full size tac squads, I usually run with 8 or more each as it's a lot more fluffy. If I include rhinos, I use them as rolling cover as often (or more) than transports. They're also useful for lateral movements and quarter captures.

I'd really like to see sponsons on the Baal and termie honors on the chaplain, but I don't see anywhere to scrounge the points unless you drop the drop pod.

Alas poor Furisoso. I knew him. I almost always include my furioso "tycho" conversion, but it also almost always gets scragged by turn 3. A drop pod sometimes works, but is tricky. If you can engage or eliminate any heavy weapon units before he arrives you might have a shot. It beats walking, but I've also had situations where he gets blown up as soon as the pod arrives. One trick is to step out behind the pod out of LOS, then charge around it next turn.

All in all I'd say it's a pretty good list.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 20:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to phish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat
8 points is a bit much to be over. 1 or 2 isn't bad. I'd drop the plasma pistols from the assault squad. They're really only good for frying yourself. You can only assault what you shoot, and the power fist should do the job. They're only strength 7, so only really reliable against side armor or light tanks. That will leave a couple points to give the chaplain frag grenades.
My brother said that 8 points over was okay so i kept it like that, but i was thinking of taking them away anyways. Also thanks for mentioning the frags i always forget those.

Quote:
It looks like a fun list, but rhino rush really doesn't work so well in 40K4. You'll have to be careful with the rhinos or you'll end up with most of your fire base entangled with just a couple lucky shots from your opponent. I like the full size tac squads, I usually run with 8 or more each as it's a lot more fluffy. If I include rhinos, I use them as rolling cover as often (or more) than transports. They're also useful for lateral movements and quarter captures.
Rhino rush works a lot better with blood angels, because of they're overcharged engines, so i get into assault very fast. Also i give them all smoke launchers so that helps a llitle, though i liked it better when they good disembark after moving 18 inches, and putting them behind it.

Quote:
I'd really like to see sponsons on the Baal and termie honors on the chaplain, but I don't see anywhere to scrounge the points unless you drop the drop pod.

Alas poor Furisoso. I knew him. I almost always include my furioso "tycho" conversion, but it also almost always gets scragged by turn 3. A drop pod sometimes works, but is tricky. If you can engage or eliminate any heavy weapon units before he arrives you might have a shot. It beats walking, but I've also had situations where he gets blown up as soon as the pod arrives. One trick is to step out behind the pod out of LOS, then charge around it next turn.

All in all I'd say it's a pretty good list.
I would like to also but i cant with the point limit. I've always thougt that furiosos were cool so i figured i could try it out now. I was planning to stay behind the drop pod and use smoke lauchers so only glancing hits!

So heres my revised list.

1499 pts

HQ
Chaplain-217
Bolt pistol jump pack
frag grenades

Furioso Dreadnaught-133
w/drop pod

Tac Squad Alpha-175
8 bolters
1 meltagun

Tac Squad beta-175
8 bolters
1 meltagun

Scout Squad omega-158
9 ccw and bolt pistol

Fast Attack-250
Assault Squad
8 ccw and bolt pistol

Heavy Support-130
Predator destructor
Side lascannons
ex armour

baal predator-115
ex-armour

I added frags to my chaplain, and took away the plasma from my assault squad, looks better to me!
Old 05 Oct 2005, 07:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Phish
It looks like a fun list, but rhino rush really doesn&#39;t work so well in 40K4. You&#39;ll have to be careful with the rhinos or you&#39;ll end up with most of your fire base entangled with just a couple lucky shots from your opponent.
I would reccommend that you put your tacs on foot and give them hb&#39;s or the like, its all very good to be an assault army but you need fire support

Quote:
I&#39;d really like to see sponsons on the Baal and termie honors on the chaplain, but I don&#39;t see anywhere to scrounge the points unless you drop the drop pod.
good ideas but dont drop the drop pod

1499 pts

HQ
Chaplain-217
Bolt pistol jump pack
frag grenades

Furioso Dreadnaught-133
w/drop pod
[/quote]
lose the smoke launchers and extra armour
[/quote]Tac Squad Alpha-175
8 bolters
1 meltagun[/quote]
change the melta to a heavy bolter
[/quote]
Tac Squad beta-175
8 bolters
1 meltagun

[/quote]same story
Scout Squad omega-158
9 ccw and bolt pistol
[/quote]not sure about this unit
Fast Attack-250
Assault Squad
8 ccw and bolt pistol

Heavy Support-130
Predator destructor
Side lascannons
ex armour
[/quote]change the destructor to an annihilator, you need anti tank support
[/quote]baal predator-115
ex-armour
[/quote]lose extra armour
I added frags to my chaplain, and took away the plasma from my assault squad, looks better to me!
[/quote]
other than that very good
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Closed Thread